11-27-2013

US

33 Signins

275 Page Views

• Views: 275
  • Message 1 of 5

Two smart clocks in the same room

2020-05-30, 21:08 PM

If my wife and I both have smart clocks in the same room do both clocks respond independently when somebody says a command? Is there a way to configure my clock to only respond to my voice and her clock to only respond to her voice? Or are the clocks aware of each other and only the clock that closer to the speaker responds to the command?

Options

5 Posts

05-15-2020

PT

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Two smart clocks in the same room

2020-06-01, 9:11 AM

I also have two, wife and mine, and two on the leaving room, as long as they are on the same house they will manage between then who will answer.

Options

1837 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1052 Signins

28743 Page Views

• Views: 28743
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-06-01, 10:18 AM

Hi @cconsolino,

Welcome to the Community!

You can teach the Google Assistant to recognize your voices - the device will then use your personal results or your preferred music service. You can read more about this here:

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9071681#vm_pr

Even after you turn on the voice match, your device will respond to "guest requests" from people, whose voices are not registered. If you want just one of the Clocks to respond to requests, you can turn off the microphone on one of the devices. 

If you want to play music on a specific device, you can ask the Assistant to "play music on [name of your Smart Clock]". You can also play music on both clocks at the same time by creating a speaker group.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe   Moto English

Please do not ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Proszę nie zadawać mi pytań przez wiadomości prywatne, publikując pytanie na forum masz większe szanse na otrzymanie odpowiedzi, a być może pomożesz również komuś, kto ma podobny problem.

Lütfen, sorularınızı bana kişisel mesajlarıyla göndermeyın, sorunuzu foruma yazınca cevabınızı daha hızlı alacaksınız, ayrıca aynı sorunu yaşayan diğer kullanıcılara yardımcı olabilirsiniz.

Options

10 Posts

06-19-2020

GB

16 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-06-19, 20:03 PM
Thanks for this, I have one, but buying a second and this was a query I had. I suppose it’s just like having my phone and Google Home in my man room, they both light up and “hear” Hey Google, but only one responds!
Options

10 Posts

06-19-2020

GB

16 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-06-24, 21:23 PM
I now have two, it seems quite intuitive, no issues so far. One is set up as mine through me adding it to the “home” and the second is set up as my wife’s, she added it the “home” with her google account. Mine displays my photos on the photo clock face, my wife’s shows hers.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete