Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Smart Display & Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

03-11-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 4

Smart Clock won’t make calls…again

2021-11-25, 4:34 AM

Lenovo Google clock won’t make calls anymore. It always has except for a glitch a couple months ago that seemed to be an issue with the software update. I’m wondering what’s going on. This has happened multiple times and a work around is yet to be found.

“Hey google, call (###)###-####”

“Sorry, I don’t understand”

Its always worked before, and it understands all my other commands. Suddenly it stopped all over again, I tried linking my phone, factory resetting, etc and nothing has worked. Please tell us what’s going on and how to fix it. I’ve sent feedback as well, nothings changed. 

Options

922 Posts

09-18-2012

Slovakia

1608 Signins

28588 Page Views

• Views: 28588
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Smart Clock won’t make calls…again

2021-11-25, 10:15 AM

Hi,

I am trying to check our options, please check the versions of your Google app and the firmware.

• The latest versions of the Google Home app Google Home app and the Google app Google app.
  • Google Nest or Home speaker or display firmware version 1.39.154941 or later. Check your firmware version. If your device is connected to the internet, it will automatically update to the latest version.
  • To be located in the US or CA. Note: US territories are not currently supported.

Thanks for submitting Feedback directly, this should help, please let me know, if all is on latest update, I will contact Google team after. thanks,Zuzana

Zuzana
Smart Home Community Lead

Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

Options

8 Posts

03-11-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-11-25, 15:28 PM

Thank you for helping. Everything is updated and I am located in the Midwest of USA. None of those could solve the issue. I’m still not sure what’s going on. 

Options

1 Posts

11-28-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-11-28, 4:16 AM

@ Zuzana_Lenovo wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to check our options, please check the versions of your Google app and the firmware.

• The latest versions of the Google Home app Google Home app and the Google app Google app.
  • Google Nest or Home speaker or display firmware version 1.39.154941 or later. Check your firmware version. If your device is connected to the internet, it will automatically update to the latest version.
  • To be located in the US or CA. Note: US territories are not currently supported.

Thanks for submitting Feedback directly, this should help, please let me know, if all is on latest update, I will contact Google team after. thanks,Zuzana

I have the Lenovo Smart Clock 2, and I'm having the same problem when I try to make a phone call. I tried saying the person's name, telling it to dial the digits, and I tried various other contacts. I also checked my firmware and app versions. The clock worked fine for making calls a few days ago, and this was the first time I tried calling using the clock since then.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms