10-16-2020

CA

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 8

Won’t play podcast

2020-10-19, 5:56 AM

I like to listen to a podcast at night and whenever I ask the clock to play it the screen shows it is playing (in Google Podcasts) but you can’t hear anything. it’s not a volume issue because if I ask it to play music you can hear that. The same happens when I have tried to play the podcast from Spotify. It used to work fine but it started doing this a bit ago. I tried resetting the clock and that didn’t work. I have Spotify set as my default but that doesn’t seem to matter.

Options

3372 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1147 Signins

36143 Page Views

• Views: 36143
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Won’t play podcast

2020-10-19, 11:41 AM

Hi @MSCD,

Welcome to the Community!

I just tried playing podcasts on my Smart Clock from TuneIn and Spotify and had no problems. Are you using commands to play the podcasts or do you cast them to your device using Chromecast? 

Have you tried playing podcasts on your phone as well? Did they work correctly? If there are any problems playing the podcasts on your phone as well, then it might be a good idea to reinstall the apps you use for podcasts.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! Did you participate in our forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Czy wypełniłeś już naszą ankietę? Powiedz nam co lubisz na naszym forum, a gdzie możemy się poprawić. Chętnie czytamy Wasze komentarze!

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Forum anketimize katıldınız mı? Lütfen forumumuz hakkında neleri beğendiğinizi ve neleri geliştirebileceğimizi bize bildirin. Yorumlarınızı okumayı seviyoruz!
_

Options

4 Posts

10-16-2020

CA

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-10-19, 12:40 PM

Thanks for your reply. I was trying to play them using commands but had the same problem casting. Don’t have this problem casting to my Google Home. Didn’t experience the problem playing on my phone. 

Options

3372 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1147 Signins

36143 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-10-21, 6:29 AM

Hi @MSCD,

Are you trying to play a specific podcast or did you try with several podcasts? If it is a specific podcast that is not working, could you please share its title? We would like to try to reproduce this issue on our side to be able to understand it better.

Best regards,

Ala

EN: Welcome to the Community! Did you participate in our forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Czy wypełniłeś już naszą ankietę? Powiedz nam co lubisz na naszym forum, a gdzie możemy się poprawić. Chętnie czytamy Wasze komentarze!

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Forum anketimize katıldınız mı? Lütfen forumumuz hakkında neleri beğendiğinizi ve neleri geliştirebileceğimizi bize bildirin. Yorumlarınızı okumayı seviyoruz!
_

Options

4 Posts

10-16-2020

CA

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-10-26, 4:59 AM

The podcast is called Sleep with Me. It will show as playing but there is no sound. If you ask it to turn up the volume you hear the volume sound. I tried other sleep podcasts and they don’t play with sound. 

Options

3372 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1147 Signins

36143 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-10-26, 8:06 AM

Hi @MSCD,

I just tried playing this podcast on my Clock using Spotify and it worked as it was supposed to... My thought now is that maybe the issue is not related to the podcasts you play but rather to the time of the day. Have you tried playing podcasts during the day or just in the evenings? If the problem occurs only in the evenings, maybe some other settings like Night Mode or Do Not Disturb mode are causing it?

Could you please try playing some podcasts during the day, just for testing?

Best regards,

Ala

_

Options

4 Posts

10-16-2020

CA

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-10-26, 15:05 PM

I just tried playing a variety of podcasts - some worked, others didn’t (including the sleep podcast I mentioned). Some attempted to

play from Spotify and others attempted to play from google podcasts. 

Options

3372 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1147 Signins

36143 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-10-29, 8:07 AM

Hi @MSCD,

It's weird that some podcasts play normally and others fail. I discussed this issue with my colleagues in Google and they said they will investigate it and look for other similar reports. When you will observe this next time, could you please share feedback through your device? That will give us some additional information about the problem.

Best regards,

Ala

_

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete