Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoclock
What's DOS?
Views: 638
Message 1 of 3

Ambient brightness not changing on Lenovo Smart Clock

Perhaps I have clicked on the wrong settings (though there aren't a ton of settings that I could even change), but my new Lenovo Smart Clock does not change the ambient brightness levels of the screen automatically.  I have to manually change the brightness up and down depending on the lighting.  The reviews all make it seem like this function would be a basic, out of the box setting and yet it never changes for me.  Is there a setting that needs to be toggled a certain way for this to work?  

If it matters, my software build is: 0.215.9+prod.1.1.0.5501617

Other than this issue, I love the device and is the only smart device I have ever thought has a chance of replacing a traditional alarm clock.

Highlighted
dstaley
What's DOS?
Views: 600
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ambient brightness not changing on Lenovo Smart Clock

Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, tap the brightness option, and then tap on the sun symbol on the left. That will enable/disable automatic brightness adjustment.

jmoclock
What's DOS?
Views: 592
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ambient brightness not changing on Lenovo Smart Clock

Yep, that did it.  Sometimes in the effort to simplify I think doing something as simple as making that a check box gets overlooked.  Ironically, shortly before this post I found an article online describing this so it's clear I wasn't the only one who didn't connect the dots.  Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors