Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erock36
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,261
Message 21 of 29

Lenovo Smart Display and External Bluetooth Speaker

I really love the Lenovo Smart display but it is very unfortunate I cannot connect it to any external Bluetooth speakers for audio. Any chance this could happen with a software update? The option to pair with a Bluetooth speaker is missing entirely. 

Erock36
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,215
Message 22 of 29

Re: Lenovo Smart Display and External Bluetooth Speaker

Why did this get moved to a solved thread? This is not solved at all? Do I need to post again?

Erock36
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,206
Message 23 of 29

Pair a Bluetooth Speaker - Missing Option

Ok so there is no option to "Pair a Bluetooth Speaker" to the Lenovo smart display - this exists on pretty much all other google assistant devices google home mini, Google Home etc....

Will this ever be added as a software update? Or will this device never have that capability? Please do not move this to the solved thread like my last post - it has not been solved in any way shape or form. You will likely think to move it to the other thread titled "Bluetooth to unrelated speaker" 

That thread does NOT solve this question. I strongly feel that many others have this same question as me, and I feel it is an important one to ask so I know if I should be getting a different device or if I should hold out for a software update. I appreciate your time to read this.

Thank you!

ama125psu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,172
Message 24 of 29

Re: Pair a Bluetooth Speaker - Missing Option

@Erock36 wrote:

Ok so there is no option to "Pair a Bluetooth Speaker" to the Lenovo smart display - this exists on pretty much all other google assistant devices google home mini, Google Home etc....

Will this ever be added as a software update? Or will this device never have that capability? Please do not move this to the solved thread like my last post - it has not been solved in any way shape or form. You will likely think to move it to the other thread titled "Bluetooth to unrelated speaker" 

That thread does NOT solve this question. I strongly feel that many others have this same question as me, and I feel it is an important one to ask so I know if I should be getting a different device or if I should hold out for a software update. I appreciate your time to read this.

Thank you!

One can only hope the next update will enable Bluetooth output. I do know a lot of people passed or returned the Google Home Mini speaker for this very same reason and at a later time, Google did eventually enable the mini to output via Bluetooth so I would think we will see that happen with this product as well. I for one would love to see this happen as well! I use a Bluetooth outdoor speaker in the summer that is waterproof and it would be nice to be able to pair this display to that speaker. Fingers crossed this gets addressed appropriately and sooner rather than later!

Erock36
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,166
Message 25 of 29

Very interesting to know the Google home mini had the same missing feature then it was added at a later time. That gives me some hope..... Hopefully Lenovo helps us out!

Robbvegas
Paper Tape
Views: 1,126
Message 26 of 29

Well, I just received this from my wife for Valentine's Day.  I had always been impressed with its functions compared to the Alexa version.  I NEVER thought I would not be able to export the sound to a better speaker system.  Very, extremely disappointed that this can not currently occur.  AT LEAST I thought there would be a mini headphone output for sending the sound into a bluetooth transmitter.  My bad for not executing due diligence in knowing this ahead of time.  I will evaluate it over the next month.  It is a VERY likely candidate for return, though, since it left out this essential (for me) feature.

Erock36
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,123
Message 27 of 29

Amen ^ I can't believe this not an option yet....

Highlighted
Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 526
Message 28 of 29

My conversations with Google and Lenovo have not gotten me any further on pairing external bluetooth with Lenovo products. I attached the results from my talks in the link below. Lenovo and Google spent a few days blaming each other on Twitter but never said if bluetooth audio out will ever come to Lenovo products. I have the clock and the speaker sucks pretty bad, pairing a bluetooth speaker could correct this problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Smart-Display-Lenovo/Connect-Smart-Clock-to-Bluetooth-speaker/m-...

THIS THREAD SHOULDN'T BE MARKED AS SOLVED, ITS NOT.

Erock36
Blue Screen Again
Views: 478
Message 29 of 29

Makes me sad this still hasn't been fixed or updated.....Lenovo we want to hear from you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors