Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yogageeky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,892
Message 1 of 29

Bluetooth to unrelated speaker

I have a Como Duetto that I would like to use for the audio (at least the music) of the Smart Display. I've done this easily with the Echo system. But I cannot figure out how to pair it with the Smart Display. I got these directions from another website. But when I get to #6 I do not even see an option for "Pair Bluetooth Speaker."  I do not have any other Google Home devices, other than the app on my Nexus 5 phone. I would appreciate any tips. Thanks.

1. Place Your Bluetooth speaker in pairing mode. This will depend on the speaker you have. but in most cases involves pressing and holding a button indicated with the Bluetooth logo.

2. Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet, and Select Devices by pressing the icon in the upper right corner.

3. Select the Google Home device with which you'd like to pair the Bluetooth speaker.

4. Press the three little dots to the upper right of the Google Home card. You should see three items: Settings, Guest Mode and Reboot. Select Settings.

5. Scroll down the page, and under Sound Settings, select Default Speaker (Choose a speaker)

6. Press "Pair Bluetooth speaker."

7. Your Google Home will then search for Bluetooth speakers. The ones it finds will appear in a list.

8. Choose the speaker you want to pair with your Google Home.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 6,808
Message 2 of 29

Re: Bluetooth to unrelated speaker

Hi @yogageeky,

welcome to the community,

Have you tried enabling "Paired Bluetooth devices"

in Google Home app, select Smart Display settings and scroll down to "Device Settings" and there you will find that option.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

yogageeky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,802
Message 3 of 29

Hi there. Yes I've tried that & it tells me to go to my phone or tablet.

I'm editing this reply because I sent an email to the support team at Como Audio (who are awesome btw). He's taken a look at the specs for me & he thinks the Smart Display may only recieve bluetooth, not send. And since there's no aux out slot I can't hook them us directly obviously. Thanks for trying help though.

BigBoyLaroux
802.11n
Views: 6,730
Message 4 of 29

I would definitely like this feature as well (the ability to SEND music to a bluetooth speaker).  This works on regular Google Home and Home Mini, but is not enabled on the Smart Display.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 6,715
Message 5 of 29

Currently, the function to output audio is not available.

A workaround is to use the cast function on the Lenovo Smart Display to cast audio to external Bluetooth devices.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6279392?hl=en

Miguel Gonzalez

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

BigBoyLaroux
802.11n
Views: 6,705
Message 6 of 29

Thanks Miguel.  However, that workaround (which i'm not even finding as an option on the Smart Display) only allows you to cast to external cast-ready devices (like chromecast and chromecast audio), not to output to a bluetooth speaker.  Just wanted to clarify that.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 6,702
Message 7 of 29

@BigBoyLaroux,

Yes, apologies for leaving that detail out.

Yes currently only cast enabled receiving devices. How are you enjoying your display?

Miguel Gonzalez

Lenovo Slovakia

BigBoyLaroux
802.11n
Views: 6,696
Message 8 of 29

I really like it, just missing a few items i'd like to see (that are captured in the Feature Request thread).  But it is a slick device, and the screen is top notch.

Thomas24680
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,297
Message 9 of 29

Under default speaker there is no option for "Pair Bluetooth device" What am I doing wrong? This is not a "solved solution" it is a "defect: in the product relative to other google home devices.

Thomas24680
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,291
Message 10 of 29

Disapointed to see they left software upto hardware vendors. Wish google just kept control of the software themselves. If this devices is going to be sucessful it seems a critical flaw.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors