Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SantiagoDraco
What's DOS?
Views: 1,183
Message 11 of 29

Re: Bluetooth to unrelated speaker

Completely agree Thomas.   It's just mind boggling that a device this expensive, that's intended for media consumption, would not allow you to pair Bluetooth speakers especially considering how lackluster the built in speaker is.  Very disapointing.

bordoms
What's DOS?
Views: 1,091
Message 12 of 29

This item is going back.  The video looks nice but its not portable, doesnt allow connecting external headsets and to be honest any tablet would be a better buy.   If they could make this device without needing a phone or tablet it might be worth it. 

speck37
What's DOS?
Views: 900
Message 13 of 29

This is not a solution. The lenovo smart display cannot control the volume with the google Chromecast Audio. Lenovo needs to add the ability to broadcast bluetooth

ESpicy
Paper Tape
Views: 868
Message 14 of 29

Hi,

Is the bluetooth limitation a hardware or software one?  Is it physically impossible for the smart display to output audio to a bluetooth speaker or could it be added with a software update?  

Your help is appreciated!

Brewster0101
Fanfold Paper
Views: 815
Message 15 of 29

Presuming there is no update on Bluetooth transmitting to speakers or headphones ?

yogageeky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 800
Message 16 of 29

I wish someone would answer this question! It seems like a reasonable one. And not everyone is familiar enough with how things work to be able to intuit the answer. Thanks for asking it. Maybe someday someone will actually answer it.

Mindflex
Paper Tape
Views: 730
Message 17 of 29

Also want an update on this as I have a very nice Bluetooth speaker that is much better for playing music on however I cannot use it since Lenovo disables this feature.

A friend has the Google Home dispkayanf than can play music via Bluetooth .

Mindflex
Paper Tape
Views: 710
Message 18 of 29

It appears this limitation is software based because the Smart Display does have Bluetooth. 

Can you confirm?

davedj79
What's DOS?
Views: 665
Message 19 of 29

This should NOT be marked as Solved!  @Lenovo, are you planning on adding Bluetooth Audio output support to the Smart Display or not?  Streaming to another Chromecast or Google device is not what your customers here want.  They NEED the speaker to allow for audio output to a Bluetooth audio device - the same as the Google Home Hub display!  

Seems you're going to have several returns from this thread alone if this is a feature you can't or won't support.

Alexshim
What's DOS?
Views: 596
Message 20 of 29

Bluetooth Connectivity - SmartDisplay 10"

I just got the 10" SmartDisplay. Was super excited. Plugged it in, and tryied to pair my bluetooth speakers (SB300) and to my woes, it can't be done. I went to the msg boards and it seems that OUTPUT to bluetooth audio is disabled (?WHY , and can this feature be added??? ).

My question is this, can I do a workaround? 

If I get a Google Mini and set the music output on the mini to my Bluetooth speakers, can I then add my SmartDisplay to the music group that with the google mini and have the output come from bluetooth speakers (and the SmartDisplay), has anyone done that? Does it work? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors