Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 1,923
Message 1 of 10

Connect Smart Clock to Bluetooth speaker

Is there a way to do this?  I can do it on Google Home Mini but the menu option isn't there in the Home app to do it for the Smart Clock.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,912
Message 2 of 10

Re: Connect Smart Clock to Bluetooth speaker

Hi @Honeymonster,

No, Unfortunately the clock does not have the Bluetooth out feature.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

tstrmr1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,672
Message 3 of 10

This really isn't an acceptable stance.

I got this to replace an alarm clock sitting beside Google Home Mini connected to a bluetooth speaker, and it won't be able to do what I need it to do - output good sound to that speaker.

If it has bluetooth audio in, why doesn't it have bluetooth audio out?

Will this be added in a future update?  If not, I'll probably return the Smart Clock.

Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 1,594
Message 4 of 10

Any updates on pairing a Bluetooth speaker or continued conversation? I got this back from Lenovo via Twitter regarding the connectivity of external Bluetooth speakers. Screenshot_20190821-110446_Chrome.jpg

Highlighted
Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 1,565
Message 5 of 10

Screenshot_20190822-112250_Chrome.jpg

So at this point I've spoken to both Lenovo and Google about the lack of Bluetooth audio out. All they have done so far is blame one another. Continued conversation started working this morning so maybe this will to at some point.

Robbvegas
Paper Tape
Views: 1,446
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for keeping the press on.  This is kind of like who is the expert at getting Alexa to tell my Sonos to play a Spotify album.  This is a three way kerfuffle where nobody seems to know how to ask it to play two separate speakers at the same time (i.e. a "group").

Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 1,442
Message 7 of 10

I would stop trying if either company would give me a straight yes or no but apparently neither know about their own product. Since the Lenovo devices have Bluetooth antennas one Lenovo support person told me it was a matter of writing a protocol for it. Since my Google Home Hub can connect to a Bluetooth speaker on audio out this protocol  is out there somewhere in Google's hands. They either need to implement the code or share it with Lenovo so they can. There were Lenovo moderators on this site right before the Lenovo Smart Clock was released and a few weeks after but surprisingly none of them have commented on this specific problem recently. It makes me think this isn't something Lenovo cares about or plans on doing. Google only claims Lenovo can do it. Just frustrates that my music is so anemic on my clock!

Robbvegas
Paper Tape
Views: 1,430
Message 8 of 10

Brian,  I was initially very disappointed in this lack of capability, but I think in the big picture, I would not have used it very much, anyway.  Since I am a Sonos guy, I have them everywhere.  And they sound fantastic and aren't limited by bluetooth range.  Would have been nice if it even had an audio out jack!

George3000
Blue Screen Again
Views: 581
Message 9 of 10

I would also greatly appreciate this feature. Would like to be able to listen using Bluetooth headphones or larger speaker. Seems a very logical application. Other than that the clock is perfect for my uses.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 466
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Brian_Harp,

I understand that this is a feature that is sought after but unfortunately as I have stated before it is not supported.

None of the Smart Assistant devices in our catalogue have this featured and for the time being it is not planned.

Should this feature ever come to the displays we will update you guys.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors