Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,293
Message 1 of 13

Continued Conversation is Here! R6 update is now live for all users

Hi Lenovo Smart Display Users,

Google has confirmed that the R6 Update has been rolled out to all Lenovo Smart Displays,

This brings new features to the Smart Display, including a highly requested feature which I will be telling you more about this week.

In order to prepare for new feature roll out, and to make sure everything is good to go, check your device's firmware to make sure you are running:

Firmware version: 6.25.17

FEATURES

• Interpreter Mode

This has been fully rolled out, The mode allows you to have free flowing conversation between 2 people speaking 2 of the 29 languages supported. You can read more about it here.

• Volume Support for Remote Control App

You can now control device and speaker group media volume from remote control media app.

Updated:

• Continued Conversation

Note: Continued Conversation is only available in the US. Your Lenovo Smart Display must be set to English (United States). Continued conversation may not be available outside of the US even if the language is set to English (United States).

Say “Hey Google” and ask your question or give a command.

After your Assistant responds, it listens for about 8 seconds for your follow-up questions.

Example: Say “Hey Google, what’s the weather like today?” After your Assistant shares today’s weather, you can ask “And what about tomorrow?” and get the forecast. 

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Mustho
Paper Tape
Views: 3,038
Message 2 of 13

Re: R6 update is now live for all users

Please share the details!

Mr-Bond
SCSI Port
Views: 3,023
Message 3 of 13

What is the remote control media app please?

I see basic volume control is STILL not fixed.  Disgusted to be quite frank and I've been incredibly patient and supportive. 

It's now refund time Miguel: how do we get this done please?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,986
Message 4 of 13

@Mr-Bond,

If there is a specific volume issue, please go ahead and open a new discussion or post if the issue you are refering to is already posted.

As for refunds, I would probably refer back to store where you purchased or if you bought directly from Lenovo I would get in touch with the sales number you got when ordering.

Miguel 

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Alice61
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,931
Message 5 of 13

Does the new update fix duo calling between 2 Lenovo displays? And how do I install the update?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,912
Message 6 of 13

Hi @Alice61,

Please stick to current discussion about Lenovo to Lenovo calling. Would like to avoid mixing issues in this thread, it is better to work out each issue individually in its own thread.

As for installing, this happens automatically, you do not install it.

You can verify version by swiping up from the bottom and clicking on the settings icon then check about this device.

Miguel 

MoInSTL
Punch Card
Views: 2,691
Message 7 of 13

CC now working

Continued conversation seems to be working consistently like Google Home and Mini. Google Hub now works as well. I have the 10".

System firmware version: OIM4.181210.010

Cast firmware version: 1.37.148231

Google Assistant Smart Display application version: 6.25.17+prod.1.1.0.5258707

MM3tech
Paper Tape
Views: 2,668
Message 8 of 13

Still didnt fix connection issue stated 2 weeks ago. At this point the only repeated tested and 100% working option is to perform a factory reset. Once connected and working  as a test I unplugged the unit and reboot it and fails again and says unable to connect to the network. Wash rinse repeat LOL . Since the update it is now in a dim state that is so dark I can't even see the screen to choose the option to do a factory reset! I can't imagine I'm the only person that's experiencing all of this.

Markh79
What's DOS?
Views: 2,472
Message 9 of 13

Re: Continued Conversation is Here! R6 update is now live for all users

It's working great!  Love this screen.

Thanks for the updates Miguel.

GEEKYguy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,448
Message 10 of 13

Re: Continued Conversation is Here! R6 update is now live for all users

Job well done. Nice to see a great partnership between Lenovo and Google. I have a GHH as well, the Lenovo is my preferred unit.

Keep up the good work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors