Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,556
Message 11 of 130

Re: Feature Requests

@jreal wrote:

I'd like to request more talk back languages. I personally use English (UK) for all my Google home devices but the Lenovo Smart Display can only be set to English (US).

@jreal,

the display is currently only sold in the US so therefore no UK voice is available. 

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

darbos
Paper Tape
Views: 1,552
Message 12 of 130

Thats ashame.  Its really pointless then.

HD_Dude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,501
Message 13 of 130

I would like to be able to watch videos on the Smart display, while listening to the music from those videos over better speakers.

I cast music to my home theater system from Google Home using Chromecast Audio. But, whenever I watch a video on the Smart Display, the audio is only available on the display, not on the other Chromecast devices.

Ideally, I would be able to create a group, playing the video on the Smart Display, and the audio on other Chromecast Audio devices.

That would be awesome.

Thank you.

jtks45
Token Ring
Views: 1,516
Message 14 of 130

Thanks for managing this thread, @mikelav456 .

Like a few people on this forum, I think we really need to have the audio group support soon. To me, this is a very neccessary feature.

I also like to request to allow drop in video calling for specific users. I use this a lot with my Echo Show to check my house and family members without the need for someone to answer the video call. Will buy more Lenovo Smart Display if this fearure is supported lol

jtks45
Token Ring
Views: 1,512
Message 15 of 130

Feature Request: Allow drop in video calling for specific users

I like request the feature allow drop in video calling for specific users. I use this a lot with my Echo Show to check my house and family members without the need for someone to answer the video call. Will buy more Lenovo Smart Display if this fearure is supported lol

Hopelly this feature will get on Google's  listof feature to work on soon.

tontonsam
What's DOS?
Views: 1,473
Message 16 of 130

Hey,

i just read this, before posting questions about it, i'm using the smart display 8", from belgium, in English. just as all my Google mini's and my Google home. Shame the global intro for great products always takes a while...

I noticed you are mentioning that netflix isn't supported yet, so: this is a general problem? Not just a localisation problem?

I've seen that the display states a US country code, but with google's devices this can be changed, with the logical disclaimer for 'malfunctions' but they are very rare..

so any news on the netflix support eta? (even in Belgium?)

great product and hope for more features to roll out soon!

greets

sam

fbitz777
What's DOS?
Views: 1,459
Message 17 of 130

Re: Feature Request: Allow drop in video calling for specific users

I totally need tge  "Drop In feature" to work on Google Home...I have 3 Echo Shows and that is the only feature I use frequently to check on my various properties. I am gradually switching to google as  I expect it will surpass the Echo products.

Highlighted
Dorkington
Paper Tape
Views: 1,404
Message 18 of 130

Requests:

• The absolute biggest thing for me is the ability to save recipes, and/or use your own recipes. For a device that's being sold and marketed as the ultimate kitchen companion, it's insane that this isn't a feature. 
  • Home automation home screen, it's nice that controls for lights etc show up after you verbally ask Google to change something, but there should be a way to get to those controls without having to invoke voice control. Especially in environments where you're trying to be quiet. 
  • Web browser with keyboard/basic controls. I know, I know, Google doesn't want this to be a tablet, but still. It clearly has a web browser built in, as shown when you tap on certain recipes, but you should be able to better control it for times when you want to search for something specific on foodnetwork/allrecipes/etc and google's results aren't cutting it. 
PaulQ602
Paper Tape
Views: 1,375
Message 19 of 130

Continuous listening and speaker grouping. How hard can it be?

SMMcarthy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,357
Message 20 of 130

One new request and support for a bunch of already suggested ones...

New: Bluetooth headset pairing. I've already encountered multiple times that I wanted to use this feature. Kids are watching TV at their normal loud volume and I want to watch a recipe on YouTube. Soundc conflict resolved if I could pair my headset to the device. 

Support for other suggestions:

1. Want the device to be able to be added as part of a speaker group. I purchased this to be an upgrade replacement for my existing speaker, not to have to continue to use both. 

2. Most called out netflix support, but I say all video services support. I should be able to select nextflix, Vudu, Google video, or any other that I currently subscribe to.

3. Nest doorbell notification and interaction. 

4. Showing lyrics to songs automatically like Amazon does. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors