Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agerlandsvej
What's DOS?
Views: 672
Message 1 of 4

Hide mic mute notification bar

Hi,

When the mic is muted, the notification bar is permantly displayed. The notification should only show for a few seconds and then fade away. The bar is covering up graphic and text.

Please do like the Google Home Hub, and only show the mic mute briefly and then hide it. I want to utilize the full screen even though my mic is muted. 

Even your support manual says that I should check the mic button if the display doesn't respond to voice commands, so there is no reason to keep displaying such an invasive notification bar constantly.

Thank you

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 649
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hide mic mute notification bar

Hi @Agerlandsvej,

Welcome to the Community,

Thank you for feedback, I'll pass it on to developers.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Max_Powers
What's DOS?
Views: 238
Message 3 of 4

Any updates on this?

This is really anoying as a large part of the screen is allocated. I want to use this device with permanently disabled microphone.

thanks!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 228
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Max_Powers,

I have passed on the feedback and it is really up to Google to make these OS changes. I suggest also sending feedback from your device.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Smart-Display-Lenovo-Smart-Clock/Lenovo-Smart-Display-Providing-feedbac...

As far as the icon being removed, I think it is there to let people know the device is not currently listening. Being a device that revolves around it listening to you it makes sense. I honestly do not believe it will be removed unless many people request and provide feedback.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors