Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giantcanopy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,268
Message 1 of 7

How to output all audio to external speakers

Hi

I just gotten hold of a 10" Lenovo Smart Display . Straight out of the box, there was zero audio and despite following the steps to reset to factory power on and off and all. This is very upsetting.

I am waiting for a reply from Lenovo and the company selling the set.

In the meantime in an attempt to bypass the faulty speaker, I connected it to my chromecast audio but it only plays youtube / spotify music.

How do i channel ALL audio to external speakers? 

DavidWhitelum
What's DOS?
Views: 2,169
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to output all audio to external speakers

I purchase a Chromecast audio and want to play through a Samsung DAE750 Had no luck trying to cast music or radio
Former Administrator
Views: 1,907
Message 3 of 7

Unfortunately, you can only play audio externally via Chromecast.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

empierrelouis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,747
Message 4 of 7

Can someone finally tells if the sound issue is due to hardware fault or software bug?  If it's software, will a firmware update fix it and when it will be push?  Since a lot of owners are complaining about all kind of sound issues, all over the Internet, Lenovo should take action and offers free repair/replacement regardless of the device warranty status.  That's what companies that stand behind their products do. I think it is time for BBB to know about that situation.

Former Administrator
Views: 1,690
Message 5 of 7

@empierrelouis

Welcome to the Community,

This has been discussed previously in the Community, none of the Google Assistant displays can output to speakers.

This is not a feature that was marketed or mentioned as compatible.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 1,118
Message 6 of 7

According to this link, https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7672356?hl=en and this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WSblQ9Fk1c you can pair a Google Home Hub to a bluetooth speaker. So are you saying only the Lenovo Smart Display/Clock don't have this feature? Because my Google Home Hub does it just fine. My JBL smart display does as well but there's no reason to. 

Will Lenovo/Google be adding support or is this thread just old?

Update: Just got home and tested every Google Assistant speaker and display I have and the Lenovo 10 inch "smart display" and 4 inch "smart clock" are the only devices out of (1 each) Google Home/Hub/Mini, (2) Insignia portable smart speaker, (1) JBL smart display, and a (1) Sony smart speaker that doesn't offer bluetooth pairing to external speakers. Seemingly making the Lenovo products less "smart". If Insignia can do it an Lenovo can't that's just sad!

Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 1,113
Message 7 of 7

It's a shame the company can't answer this directly or provide a timeline for when this feature will be added to Lenovo Smart Displays/Clocks. It's a shame that big companies like Google and Lenovo don't care what the BBB has to say or more people would follow suit. Just so you know the Google Home Hub connects to external bluetooth speakers or headphones just fine. Good luck

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors