Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datcomputerguy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,468
Message 1 of 16

Hulu not working on smart display

I have been loving my Lenovo smart displays, but the past couple weeks I haven't been able to run Hulu.  I've contacted Hulu support and they weren't very helpful.  I can cast Hulu videos that are available for free on their site but not anything under Hulu plus.  It gives a run time error on the smart display and a 5003 error on the app.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, used different phones, factory reset my smart displays etc.  I have 2 Lenovo smart displays and it happens on both of them.  But it works fine on my Google home hub.

Any thoughts?

datcomputerguy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,285
Message 2 of 16

Re: Hulu not working on smart display

Anyone else having this problem?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,273
Message 3 of 16

Hi @datcomputerguy,

Welcome to the Community,

What firmware version are you running on your Display?

Are you able to try casting to other Google cast enable devices?

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

datcomputerguy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,253
Message 4 of 16

Yes I can cast to other devices.  I have tried casting from multiple devices, but it's always the same for Hulu.  It sometimes plays episodes that are free but not one that you need Hulu plus.  The Lenovo screens play Plex and YouTube just fine.  Just can't get Hulu to work.  And it was working just fine.

See firmware screenshot attached.

TheRedOne23
What's DOS?
Views: 1,218
Message 5 of 16

I just tried casting Hulu to the Lenovo smart display and I am also getting the same error code as the man who posted above. funny enough I would have never noticed this without taking my TV back to wait for my new TV to come in! So as of right now where it stands maybe Lenovo should probably get out of the smart display business. Now hear me out here you guys have had nothing but problems since stepping into this territory and I understand that people have to make money but you're clearly not going in the right direction. I mean whenever I called in for my Google Duo issue it took hours just to find the right department! You guys need to look at what you're doing or just step away because this is ridiculous with all the problems it has! Hopefully this gets fixed and you guys me to implement a way that lets us check for updates on the Lenovo smart display as opposed to having to wait for it because if it is the update that needs to fix it it's not fair to be 80% of us who don't have it you feel me! I hope this gets fixed please don't try to pin this on Hulu or on Google for that matter because folks I can tell you they will redirect you right back to Lenovo! So please fix these issues people are having!

datcomputerguy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,191
Message 6 of 16

So after I sent this message I tried it again and it worked!!  BUT today when I got home from work it wasn't working again.

Any updates on this problem?

True1951
What's DOS?
Views: 1,095
Message 7 of 16

I am also having this issue. Is very strange because it will pay any episode EXCEPT FOR the episode that I'm on. So if I watched Hell's Kitchen season 11 episode 4 last night on my phone that episode will play fine on the smart display. BUT if I try and watch episode 5 I get error code 5003. If I finish episode 5 on my TV and try and watch episode 6 on the display suddenly 6 won't play but 5 will. **bleep**?! We need a solution.

Cyberkeys
What's DOS?
Views: 998
Message 8 of 16

I am having this problem too. However, nothing I've tried so far has worked to fix it. Hulu used to be able to cast to my Lenovo display, but it suddenly started giving me error 5003. One of the main reasons I got this display is to be able to cast Hulu in my son's room. Did anyone ever respond with a fix for this problem? If not, I may have to switch to a Google Hub or even a TV with Chromecast, which - in hindsight - probably would've been cheaper.

datcomputerguy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 994
Message 9 of 16

Doing the thing that the other person suggested of finishing an episode on another device and then watching the previous episode seems to work more often.

The fact that if you do something in a different order can make it work makes me think that this is more than likely a Hulu issue rather than a lenovo issue.  But Hulu hasn't been very helpful thus far.

Any admins have any solutions to this problem yet?

ryan25r9
What's DOS?
Views: 760
Message 10 of 16

Same issue as everyone else. Hoping for a solution from either Lenovo or Hulu soon...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors