Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duke0007
Paper Tape
Views: 1,114
Message 11 of 27

Re: Intermittent wifi connection issues

so having same issue like most of the people and i have been readin around and searching for the solution so far none. for example

1: turn off and on that should fix the problme.

2: restart your router, if that doesn't solve the problem then just reset the router.

3: disconnect everything else except the smart display from your router because one of the device that attach to the router is creating the problme.

4: it is very far from WiFi bring it closer ( eventhough it was working just fine before the last update without any issue but yes ohhh its very far bring it closer)

5: ohh its very close to your WiFi and signal is too strong for the device move it far that will fix the issue

6: it must be your router change the router and the isseus will be fixed in a jiffy.

7: turn off the firewall that is what causing the issues.

8: just factory reset the device.

9: oh you can not use the window based device to set up, have to use andriod or IOS.

10: thick walls and roof inbetween device and router is creating the issues.

11: the material that they have used in your home its the cause of the issue (even though all other wifi device working just fine)

12: you live in a neighbour hood that if full of wifi device and that is causing the issue(same thing everything else is working just fine)

when you tell them you have done all of that then they say

13: oh well its not Lenovo issue its google based device they have caused the issue we are waiting to hear from them.

i guess next solution will be

This problme is on going, i even went to walmart and then best buy bought the device but after the update they both started to  disconnect from wifi .so issue is software based its just Lenovo needs to man or woman up and take it on a chin and fix that smart display.

But plz do add the solution that you have heard or told to the list so we know.

Thanks 

Admin Edit: removed content not in line with Community guidelines.

bhumphre
What's DOS?
Views: 1,083
Message 12 of 27

I've had similar problems with my 8" Lenovo.  I'm hoping another relase will fix it.  At this point it's quite maddening to not know if the network is working from one query to another.  Mine has trouble answering simple questions at times, and I can only assume this is because it is having network troubles.    

@kelsey: I doubt the home hub will have this problem.  I found 1 thread on Lenovo's forums that suggests that these two devices are running different operating systems.

svache
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,026
Message 13 of 27

Add me to the list of people having this problem, again. 

I had this back in December with version 4, then R5 came out and things seemed to have been improved, but the last few days I am having a LOT of "disconnected" notifications. Wifi never dropped, and it only resolves for some time when I unplug the device. 

Did another update roll out recently by any chance that may have caused it to start again? I'm currently on 5.19.15+prod.1.1.0.5170098, not sure if that's still the original R5 or another version release. 

It's extremely annoying. Aside of this 10" Lenovo I have 3 Google Home Hubs and none of the hubs show any of these issues the Lenovo has all of the time :/

Highlighted
hmajd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 946
Message 14 of 27

I bought my 8" during the boxing day sale and its been working fine all this time..... UNTIL last night. I noticed it on my bedside stand yesterday constantly saying it was reconnecting to my router. I thought that was odd, so I rebooted it and that didnt help. So then I figured change it to the upstairs router thats closer, well you think you can just update the router it logs into??? I had to forget the network it was on then it just froze up on me and did nothing so I had to factory reset it. What a nightmare that was, during the reset at the end the lenovo screen would only say connected but the device was not connectable/findable in my home app. I rebooted the lenovo only to see a please link account screen on the lenovo and still not findable in the home app. WTH????

Anyway, I did a factory reset about 4 times and finally my phone saw it and it was running fine last night again. Fast forward to this morning and I said hey google and it would respond with "hang on while I connect to the internet" It said that for about 25 minutes everytime I asked it something but my internet was fine the whole time. During this time I was actually trying to find out if this was a common issue for the lenovo and the internet led me to this forum.

Now finally the PROOF its lenovos software and needs to be updated or something..... I go into my home app on the phone and there's my display and I pressed play music...... the lenovo STARTED playing spotify!!!! While it was playing spotify I said hey google and it kept responding "hang on while I connect to the internet" I played 5 songs on spotify with this dilemma happening. 

I finally rebooted the lenovo 8 and it seems to be fine again BUT I'm not holding my breath. 

I intentionally bought all switches/lights/plugs in my home that were both able to work on google home and alexa for this very reason so I wasnt stuck on one platform. If Lenovo doesnt fix this I will abandon GH and go to the alexa network and never buy another lenovo product again. 

This NEEDS to be fixed please

Thanks.

edit: And its back, at random times today the lenovo screen is going from my sleeping clock to bouncing things on the screen saying connecting to "insert router name here" then back to clock. Jeepers.

DreadPirateRush
Fanfold Paper
Views: 871
Message 15 of 27

I am having the exact same issue as everyone else in this thread. The only difference is we just bought ours within the last week, and upon adding it to our network, it immediately did a system update. This means we have never seen a stable connection on either the 2.4 or 5 Ghz bands. I'm not having these issues with my other devices, so it is exclusive to the Smart Display. I will monitor this thread to see if Lenovo ever fixes the issue.

MM3tech
Paper Tape
Views: 829
Message 16 of 27

Agreed! Same idea already attempted on my network as well with setting a static IP. I have my networking equipment to go to sleep overnight as a way of keeping the kids off the internet when they should be asleep and every day my Lenovo home display has 2 be rebooted to reconnect to the internet which is really pathetic that they don't have it constantly scanning for IPs. There are so many broken things about this device and I can't believe they actually released it at with such a huge set of shortcomings. Being brutally honest and ignoring the obvious I purchased this in the United States and I live in Canada and when I try to do the network setup I do now only recently get a warning during Wi-Fi setup saying that this device was manufactured in a different country and may not work in my country of Canada. If that's the case then why did it stop working just this week what has been working fine for the last month? As for the one guy suggestion to tone down your Wi-Fi signal that's a waste of time as you can simply tested by having your Hub connect to a different network and in my case I simply turned on my wife's hotspot on her phone and use that as the test Network and the result was the same. It says check your internet connection or reboot your router. 14 months ago for Christmas so I got into the Google home Minis and shortly thereafter Google admitted there was a problem with frequencies kicking off other devices and they released the patch 2 fix the clashing and it's been really good ever since so I'm wondering if there's a similar issue now with this Lenovo hub ? For the record I have the 10in version not the little mini 8 inch . With 39 networked devices at our house 38 of them work perfectly guess which one doesn't? Is it just me or is even this website hard and slow to navigate?

Nikkic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 745
Message 17 of 27

I just called support With the same issue. The guy told me to unplug the thing and then hold the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds then plug it back in. So far that seem to work.
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 732
Message 18 of 27

Hi Smart Display users,

Your favorite Community Leader here Smiley Happy

I am determined to get to the bottom of the issue here but need a bit of help from you guys,

I created a google form in order to collect information about the router that is disconnecting.

https://goo.gl/forms/PocOhk7ylGJ4veRG3

Please help me by filling out information so that I can provide to Google.

The survery is only around the router and does not ask for personal details.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Hurtz2P
What's DOS?
Views: 665
Message 19 of 27

I'm having the same issues.  When something was working and then it stops it's extremely frustrating because first thoughts are that it's something you've done.  Googling lead me to this thread...  At least I'm not alone.

Strange thing here a bit different:  "Hey Google" and the hub responds with wifi error - BUT - the device shows up in my cast list and I can connect to play YourTube Music.  **bleep**?  Obviously it is connected...

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 599
Message 20 of 27

Hi Everyone,

I sent some PMs to a few people in the discussion asking if they would be willing to provide me with their units in order for us to investigate some of the units facing this issue.

Having no answers, let me openly ask, anyone in the discussion would be willing to volunteer their devices in order for us to investigate?

If so, please send me a private message. I need 2 volunteers.

Thank you for your support,

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors