Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darren2589
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,223
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo Smart Clock - Continued Conversation

Hi,  Does anyone know if the Smart clock has or is going to get 'Continued Conversation' on the Google Assistant? Or is there any specific reason why it doesnt have these features? 

I recently purchased the smart clock and it doesnt seem to have Continued Conversation, or the ability to stop and alarm / timer by just saying 'STOP' unlike other GA devices I have. 

Both my Lenovo 8" smart display, and my Nest Home Hub have these features, which I find very useful and intuitive.  

I would have expected the Smart clock to have these features being the very latest product.  (PS my device updated to latest OS when it first booted up).

thanks. 

Former Administrator
Views: 1,147
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo Smart Clock - Continued Conversation

Hi @darren2589,

Welcome to the Community,

Both the Hub & Display did not ship with Continued Conversation, both launched a few months after.

As for this in the Smart Clock, it is currently not available, Google plans to release but we do not have a concrete date.

Once the feature becomes available, I will be posting about it here.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

darren2589
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,141
Message 3 of 12

Fantastic, thanks for the update.

I think its a great device. Just the right brightness at night, and seems responsive.

Found a bonus feature this morning, in that it automatically turned my Hue lights on and faded them in over the 30 mins before the alarm went off.
I know it can brighten the screen 30 mins beforehand, however it found my lights and used them instead.
I didn't set this, and its not something my Nest Home hub did unless I set it through the Hue App.
Former Administrator
Views: 1,136
Message 4 of 12

@darren2589,

Yes, agree, I love it.

It will get there, early tech is always tricky and Google Assistant is constantly evolving.

As you encounter issues make sure you always ask the device to send feedback so google see that, and also post about it here.

I am regularly talking to my Google counterpart and working through issues to make sure you guys have the best experience possible.

Gonna be a bumpy road at times but I am committed.

Miguel Gonzalez

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

BigBoyLaroux
802.11n
Views: 980
Message 5 of 12

Definitely surprised the Smart Clock didn't have Continued Conversation out of the box, since the Smart Display had it added earlier this year (or maybe it was even end of last year).  I do like the clock, great addition to the nightstand, but Continuous Conversation is basically a necessity at this point - hopefully it is coming soon!

Former Administrator
Views: 965
Message 6 of 12

The Clock and the Display run on different instances of Android Things so features will likely launch at different times and some might even be absent from the clock altogether, where it doesn't make sense due to form factor or hardware limitations. Having said that, I heard from a little birdy that some exciting news about the clock are coming. Stay tuned.

Miguel Gonzalez

Lenovo Slovakia

JoeCW
Paper Tape
Views: 690
Message 7 of 12

Circling back on this and wondering if there are any updates or newer predictions on when this feature will arrive.

Thanks!

Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 603
Message 8 of 12

I recieved some replies from Lenovo via Twitter regarding continued conversation and Lenovo devices not being able to connect to Bluetooth speakers which stated they have no idea when this will happen. The only answer you get is submit feedback, which I've done several times, several ways. I've spoke to several employees of both Lenovo and Google and it's a little disappointing no one at either company has a clue about features being added or a time frame for doing so. A couple employees actually thought the devices could connect to external speakers and tried talking me through it only to find it wasn't possible. Coming from a manufacturing background its unheard of for my company to not have projections and lead times we can share with our customers. We can't always meet the deadline but at least our customers know it's in the works.Screenshot_20190821-110446_Chrome.jpgThis was regarding continued conversation and Bluetooth speaker pairing.

Screenshot_20190821-110849_Chrome.jpg

Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 535
Message 9 of 12

Continued conversation is now working. Still need bluetooth audio out.

darren2589
Blue Screen Again
Views: 529
Message 10 of 12

Great I'll give it a try. 

im a bit disappointed that my So is speakers (now with google assistant) aren't available as a speaker from the Lenovo smart clock. 

Neither are they avaiabale on the Nest home hub so it could be a Sonos thing rather than Lenovo. 

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors