Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr-Bond
SCSI Port
Views: 335
Message 11 of 14

Re: Lenovo Smart Dilplay bluetooth and speaker groups

Please would you humor me and try Google Play Music on your phone.  I think it should see the speaker group regardless of age and can cast local files.  If that works you can probably choose from any app that combines local access and casting.

PS I may be wrong about local files being uploaded to cloud before cast back via internet.  Seems it is now (and possibly always) a direct wifi connection.  There are conflicting articles about this and Google doesn't make it clear either. 

I did learn that casting is at much higher quality than Bluetooth audio due to bandwidth.

Mr-Bond
SCSI Port
Views: 334
Message 12 of 14

PPS Chromecast audios are dirt cheap just now, so if casting works you could add one to the receiver and that becomes part of the speaker group too.

gargoyle2
Blue Screen Again
Views: 319
Message 13 of 14

Thanks for the suggestion.  I normally use Google Play Music to play the music I have stored locally on the old smartphone.  I tried to cast and Google does want content uploaded to cloud storage (which I will not do).  Oh well, it was worth the try.  Just wish Google made things easier without requiring users to use their cloud service.

Thanks again.  You have been very helpful.

Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 124
Message 14 of 14

What happens if you go to the Google Home app on your phone and use the "Mirror device" feature under the account tab? I can see all my speaker groups there but its not really using bluetooth but casting it directly from your phone to the speaker group through your home network. As other people have stated you can not connect the phone via bluetooth to one device then cast to multiple.

I am using a Galaxy S9+ which does allow me to send audio via bluetooth to two speakers at once but even that isn't through a speaker group.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors