Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camcfarl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 179
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Smart Display 10" speaker pop / crack / zap sounds

Very excited to have received the Lenovo Smart Display 10" on January 31, 2019 after MUCH research. Yesterday, February 7, 2019, ONE WEEK after having the display, I hear a loud crack/pop/electric zap sound from the display's speaker(s). It was not a sound coming THROUGH the speaker, but rather the speaker "popping" one time, and then multiple instances, randomly, over and over again, until I unplugged it. It was showing the random Google pictures slideshow at the time. Later, after interacting with it, it still continued to randomly "pop", loudly enough that it would scare you in a quiet house. I even did the factory reset procedure two separate times. I called Lenovo customer support and described the issue. She said she'd never heard of that before. She told me to either take it back to the store that I bought it from for a return/exchange, or I would have to ship it myself to Lenovo to be repaired. She said that I'd have to pay shipping, and I pointed out that it's 1 week old and the customer should not be expected to pay shipping. She said that if I chose to have it fixed by Lenovo, a manager might waive the shipping fee (pre-paid label, I'm guessing?). I chose to take it back to the store I bought it from, only because I'm still in the tiny 14 day return window (Staples). Long story short, after reading multiple forums for multiple Lenovo products that have speakers in them, Lenovo speaker popping/crackling/zapping sounds are NOT unusual and have been reported by customers all over the internet, including YouTube accounts. Has anyone heard similar sounds from their Lenovo Smart Displays? I'm wondering if I should just take all 3 displays back, because I'm worried Lenovo is selling faulty speakers (and they know it already, per customers' reports). Thoughts, please? Thanks in advance.  

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 121
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Smart Display 10" speaker pop / crack / zap sounds

Hi @camcfarl,

Welcome to the Community,

As with every electronic device there is always a chance that something can go wrong. The Smart Display is currently the best selling Display, so there are a lot of them out there in the wild, if this was a widespread issue Lenovo would not be selling its customers faulty device.

Having said that, anyone experiencing this symptom will receive help, even if the return window has expired Lenovo will take the device in for service.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Highlighted
camcfarl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 116
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Smart Display 10" speaker pop / crack / zap sounds

Thank you for your reply.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors