Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hmajd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 616
Message 1 of 7

Music Alarm had no sound

I bought this smart display specifically for an alarm clock that I could talk to and set an alarm by voice because my morning starts are always different anywhere from 130AM all the way up to 730AM and I was getting tired of using my phone to do it.

Anyway, I've had no issues with it until recently this weekend when I tried to talk to it and all it said was "hang on while I connect to the internet" (you can read all that here... https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Smart-Display-Lenovo/Intermittent-wifi-connection-issues/m-p/436... )

Fast forward to this morning, my start time was 730AM the same as the wife.... so her alarm goes off and mines not making any sound.... what the heck... so I look over at the lenovo, the screen is on, it has half the screen with the spotify screen and the other half with the blue circle like its supposed to BUT its dead SILENT!! What good  is a silent alarm clock? I checked the home app on my phone and the volume was at 39% and when I turned it up or down you could hear the clicks as the volume was changing on the lenovo so that was not the problem with the sound being too low. So I said "hey google" the circle dots drop down, I said "just checking"and in a loud voice it says "curiosity is a wonderful thing"

It has never done this before now, where do I even start checking for a problem? I set another exact alarm for 5 minutes later and it worked flawlessly. Do I need to get a home hub or a JVC and just write this lenovo off? Anyone else having issues like this?

Thanks 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 581
Message 2 of 7

Re: Music Alarm had no sound

Hi @hmajd,

Welcome to the Community,

For safe measure I would factory reset the device.

I also for the time being set several alarms, close to each other. So if you need to wake up at 1:30am then set one at 1:30 then :35 then 37 etc. This is just to make sure you wake up.

We have no reports about this behavior so I am confident in saying this might be a one off.

If it should happen again please immediately send feedback so that we can look at the looks.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

ccfallout
Paper Tape
Views: 553
Message 3 of 7

My issue is similar.  I've had the smart display for two months.  Everything has been working great, and I've been using it for an alarm clock to wake me up in the morning.  But, all of the sudden, the alarm volume got really low.  I can hear it, but it's like set to 1 or 2 volume out of 10.  I can turn the smart display volume up to 10, and the alarm is still very quiet.  Doesn't wake me up anymore, I've had to hook up my old google home unit just for alarms.   I've asked google to change the alarm volume, or tell me what is the alarm vlume, but she replies she can't do that yet.  Any idea how to increase that?

ccfallout
Paper Tape
Views: 538
Message 4 of 7

I did the factory reset.  The alarm volume hasn't really  changed.  Maybe I'm misremembering the alarm volume.  It's nowhere near as lound as the alarm volume on Google Home, and not loud enough to wake me up. What i used to do is set music alarms, but the Lenovo just won't do that anymore.  I think I'll make a new post about that.

ccfallout
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 5 of 7

Ok, I figured some things out.  You can access the alarm volume, and it is a seperate volume level: If you use the volume rocker on the top of the device, at the far right of the black volume box, next to the number (1-10) you'll see an up arrow ^.  Touching this arrow will open another volume slider box for alarms.  Here i could set the alarm volume higher or lower, and it works. 

Also, all the sudden my smart display can play music alarms again.  For a period of a couple of weeks, it kept telling me

"I can't play <insert song/band/music type here>, I've gone ahead and set a standard alarm for <time>" no matter what I tried to play. 

Now, all the sudden it can set music alarms.  No idea why it changed.  I did a factory reset, but I was still having the same problem after the reset. 

hmajd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 272
Message 6 of 7

Well I think my lenovo just caught what yours lost??? I just told it to set a music alarm and now all of a sudden it cant do that yet!!!! Yet, it's been doing it for 5 months. Has a new update just come out on this pile of garbage??? I'm so close to throwing this thing out the window and never buying a lenovo product again. 

ccfallout
Paper Tape
Views: 194
Message 7 of 7

Funny you should say that. I've been using the new Hue functionality with my Lenovo smart display, telling google to 'sleep my lights'. It's kinda cool, it turns the lights to soft white, then slowly over 30 minutes it dims them until off. Last night, it just stopped working, for no apparent reason, it says 'sorry I can't help you with that'. Very strange, must have been an update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors