Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Earlie_Sanders
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,223
Message 1 of 22

Nest Camera Streams Won't Play consecutively

I have four Nest cameras. I give the command "okay Google show backyard" and get confirmation "sure streaming backyard on living room display".  Lenovo Smart Display shows the backyard Nest video feed just fine. The problem begins when I follow up immediately with a request to view another camera. "Okay Google show front yard". I get confirmation "sure streaming front yard on living room display" but the screen goes straight to the calendar/weather home screen. From there I can ask again to show the front yard camera stream and it works. I have a Google Home Hub and it does not exhibit this behavior. I can switch between cameras one command after another. I reset the Lenovo several  times to no avail. This is a bug I hope gets fixed soon!

Earlie_Sanders
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,148
Message 2 of 22

Re: Nest Camera Streams Won't Play consecutively

Does  anyone have a couple of Nest cameras and Lenovo Smart Display to see if the issue at least happens to them? Try asking it to show camera 1 immediately followed by camera 2 and see if there is a glitch in between of showing the calendar home screen.

tpim76
Paper Tape
Views: 1,057
Message 3 of 22

yes i have the same issue with D-link cameras as well,the 10" smart display wont stream second camera straight after streaming the first one. it goes to calender and stuck at there

Earlie_Sanders
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,054
Message 4 of 22

Well at least it is not just me. Strange that my Google Home Hub doesn't exhibit this behavior. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,042
Message 5 of 22

Hi there. Welcome to our forums community. There was a discussion about a Nest Cam not properly playing on a Smart Display and I recommend you try the steps suggested by Miguel on this link: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Smart-Display-with-Google/Nest-Cam-not-playing-on-Smart-Display-by-defa...

If the problem remains then please raise a case to Google via the Feedback option on your Smart Display.  All you got to do is say: "Hey Google, Feedback." You may refer to this link: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Smart-Home-Smart-Display/Lenovo-Smart-Display-Providing-feedback-to-Goo...

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 721
Message 6 of 22

Nest cam issues have been fixed in R5.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Earlie_Sanders
Fanfold Paper
Views: 716
Message 7 of 22

Unless I don't have the latest update this is still an issue! I cannot go from camera A to camera B without 3 Google commands as it gets stuck on the calendar after the second command to go to camera B

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 699
Message 8 of 22

what firmware version are you on?

Can you share a video of the problem?

Miguel 

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Earlie_Sanders
Fanfold Paper
Views: 677
Message 9 of 22

I have used the feedback option several times now to report the issue to Google. My Version is 7.34.12+prod.1.1.0.5351317. Here is a link to the problem of switching cameras.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpzw51903bfgldd/20190403_194749.mp4?dl=0

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 654
Message 10 of 22

Thank you very much @Earlie_Sanders,

Video really helped, will get back to you once I have more information from Google.

Miguel 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors