Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 240
Message 1 of 3

Netflix and Weather Channel on Lenovo Smart Clock

I have had the Lenovo Smart Display 10 for over a year and have been waiting for Netflix to be available, still waiting... Fast forwarding a year and I bought a Lenovo Smart Clock to replace my Insignia Smart Clock on my nightstand to have access to more of my smart home stuff. I've noticed my Lenovo Clock showing up as a cast target for Netflix. It doesn't play and errors out but why is the Lenovo Smart Clock showing up there in the 1st place and the Lenovo 10in display is absent? I've attached some pictures, I hope it means Netflix is on it's way to actual smart displays. With the Nest Home Max launching today w/o Netflix, I doubt it though. 

I also came across the Weather Channel in a micro browser after clicking on the link on the bottom of the screen when asking the weather.

My clock's name is Dad's Clock.

Screenshot_20190909-171418_Netflix.jpg

Screenshot_20190909-171433_Netflix.jpg

Screenshot_20190909-171523_Netflix.jpg

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 140
Message 2 of 3

Re: Netflix and Weather Channel on Lenovo Smart Clock

Hi @Brian_Harp,

As far as I know, there are no plans for Netflix on any smart display, Lenovo or otherwise.

This is interesting, I will need to reach out to Google and get more clarification.

A few things,

Could you please tell me what firmware version you are running on your clock?

Can you please send feedback from your clock using #I See Netflix and also do the same from your Google Home App?

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Highlighted
Brian_Harp
Serial Port
Views: 129
Message 3 of 3

Re: Netflix and Weather Channel on Lenovo Smart Clock

20190911_062830.jpg

Here is my firmware and application version. I also submitted feedback using your hashtag. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors