cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gtalk
Serial Port
Views: 2,652
Message 1 of 14

New update lenovo smart display ..clock at nite large and too bright.. can it be changed? How

Would like small clock in corner in previous versions. New large clock too bright for bedside smart displayunit. 

Is there a settings changes I am not finding that allows choice?

or do I need rethinking whether to have a second unit for bedroom?

Brewster0101
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,543
Message 2 of 14

Re: New update lenovo smart display ..clock at nite large and too bright.. can it be changed? How

Would also like to know answer to this. Large clock is annoying. 

Smaller clock was much better for bed time.

Highlighted
BuddieBoy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,456
Message 3 of 14

Re: New update lenovo smart display ..clock at nite large and too bright.. can it be changed? How

I’m having the same issue as well and this is extremely annoying as I purposely purchased the 8 inch display to act as a bed side clock. The previous updated with the much smaller dimmed clock was perfect, however now the screen is too bright in my face that I have no other option but to pull the power plug. Lenovo can you please create an additional ‘night mode’ setting that will help those who prefer the smaller or larger clock to be displayed when dimmed. Thank you 

Gtalk
Serial Port
Views: 2,399
Message 4 of 14

I just figured out feedback option on display

say feedback and then respond with concise polite thoughts on clock option.

quick way to let google know about any feedback about smart display features.

I mention it is on lenovo in case different

adrianhughes
Punch Card
Views: 2,357
Message 5 of 14

The Google home hub has the option to turn it off and the size as well , In the Google home app

Hopefully it's not too long before smart displqys get this option?

blue13x
What's DOS?
Views: 2,340
Message 6 of 14

Simple: just say: Hey Google....turn of your display. 

This perfect for the bed side.

Gtalk
Serial Port
Views: 2,333
Message 7 of 14

I would like a small clock for  bedside. When first got it, the small clock similar to photo display time was n there.

After software update went away and replaced with the big one.

mrc184
Paper Tape
Views: 1,138
Message 8 of 14

Has anyone addressed this issue yet...is a huge deal breaker for me if Lenovo cant make this bedroom friendly...so to speak.

mrc184
Paper Tape
Views: 1,130
Message 9 of 14

Tried that and it responded with"power controls not suported" and then does nothing.

BarryHebert
Punch Card
Views: 1,063
Message 10 of 14

Try, "Hey Google, turn off the screen."

"turn off the display", used to work but now usually gets the "power controls not supported" response.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors