Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dave107
Paper Tape
Views: 429
Message 11 of 43

Re: No my cookbook?

Hi and thanks for looking into it. I just read that at CES in Las Vegas Kitchen Aid has a new Smart Display that is "Water Resistant" and is geared toward the kitchen. My point being will their display work with "MY COOKBOOK" because that's where my Lenovo is at the present.

dhartsock
Punch Card
Views: 411
Message 12 of 43

I was not aware there was an app named My Cookbook. Is that what this purported recipe/cookbook ability is all about? Or not?

If it is tied to My Cookbook then of course it is not working on my smart display because I don't have My Cookbook. But I don't know.

My assumption is that the My Cookbook commands is a stand-alone function of the smart display. Now I wonder if it is designed to work with a cooking app? Surely someone knows the answer to this question.

dhartsock
Punch Card
Views: 410
Message 13 of 43

Just stumbled across this topic. Sorry I don't seem to be smart enough to create the link:

"Got linked up and able to use display for personal recipes cookbook"

Hibby
Paper Tape
Views: 389
Message 14 of 43

So, how did you do it?  Do you need to have an app on your phone before you utilize the My Cookbook?

Hibby
Paper Tape
Views: 462
Message 15 of 43

Was excited to try the My Cookbook app after getting the latest release but it doesn't work.  Come on folks.  Why promise something if it's half baked (no pun intended).

SteveF75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 456
Message 16 of 43

I've been using the feature described in "Got linked up and able to use display for personal recipes cookbook", which requires linking to https://rezepthos.com (you also need to create an account there and add your own recipes via that website). You then say "talk to recipe chef' and can then get the Smart Display to show or read out recipes you have saved to the website.

None of the new commands work within Recipe Chef either, so it does't seem to be the answer to the issue. Indeed some of the commands don't really make any sense within Recipe Chef, It is designed to display your own recipes (not search for new ones) so why would you want to save them again?

I think we still need Lenovo to confirm that these new commands are included in R5 and if yes, how to use them.

(Not up on posting links either but the below might work)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Smart-Display-with-Google/Got-linked-up-and-able-to-use-display-for-per...

bcarevich
What's DOS?
Views: 430
Message 17 of 43

Recipe Chef is a 3rd party app that is trying to do what this is supposed to have native.  I was able to get it to work as well but it's a bit primative in how it shows you the recipes. (Although the author is working on it so Kudos for that) I can't imagine the code is that difficult.  All you need to do is store the web recipes links and display when as the device was designed when you click on them.  The magic of the built in code to show the ingredients and the instructions in a call way does the rest.  Hopefully Miguel will get us some answers.  

dhartsock
Punch Card
Views: 422
Message 18 of 43

thanks for providing that link. 

It would seem to be very easy for someone from Google or Lenovo to simply state that the recipe/cookbook features are stand-alone or needs to be linked to an app.

It appears to me it is supposed to be a stand-alone function that has some problems. I suspect it is working for a lot of people but not working for some of us. Just my guess at the situation.

Dave107
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 19 of 43

I don't think it is an app. It should work something like Hey Google...Set a reminder. But it does nothing on my 8" Lenovo. I just saw that Innit has a new Smart Display that won a 2019 CES award. It also has its own cookbook, recipe app. This phrase gets something on my Lenovo, "Hey Google talk to innit".  But I can NOT save any of the recipes.

dhartsock
Punch Card
Views: 397
Message 20 of 43

In fact when I say Save this Recipe... Assistant replies with Here are some new recipes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors