Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SFII
What's DOS?
Views: 887
Message 7 of 55

STILL unable to receive phone calls to smart display

Hello,

I have searched the web, google and the forums and tried all of the "solved" suggestions, still no luck. I have gone in to Home, Duo and they both say that my email address and phone number are linked. In each of the areas, my only choice is to unlink my email address or unlink my Duo account.

Still, when people Duo me. It goes to my phone only. And also, in setting on Home, under Voice and Video calling, Smart Display is set to on.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

davooodave1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,146
Message 1 of 55

Duo Call/Address Book Issue

I have our Smart Display set up with two gmail accounts.  When I try to Duo with my android phone it works fine, but when my wifes voice is reconized (and her account) when she tries to Duo me it says my contact does not have Duo capaibilty.  I've confirmed it works fine from her phone and I'm set up as a Duo contact. 

Is it possible this feature isn't working with iPhone's at this point?  I've confirmed all the settings, including access to personalize results.

BigBoyLaroux
802.11n
Views: 2,090
Message 2 of 55

Re: Duo Call/Address Book Issue

Just want to confirm that duo calling is linked for both of your accounts and the device.  Do the below from within the google home app from both phones 

Google did just redesign their Google Home app.  So the two places to check are now (both assume you are starting from the main page of the new Google Home App).  You need to link to your duo account in both places.

1) Account (little person icon in bottom right) - Settings - Services Tab - Voice and Video Calls - Video and Voice Apps

2) Find your device in the list and click it - Settings (Gear icon in top right) - Duo Video Calling

For #2, there are a few different ways you can get to the device settings, but that was the most straightforward for me.

davooodave1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,085
Message 3 of 55

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.

I can confirm it's set up correctly; something else must be going on.

robofobo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,025
Message 4 of 55

Did you find any solution ? I am facing same problem. It works fine for my wife account. where for me its not picking update contacts whereas i see can all contacts on duo iphone app and see all in google contacts on web. Look like its not updating it locally on display and picking up some old google contacts

sjm3
Paper Tape
Views: 1,912
Message 5 of 55

I have this problem too. 

I can call either way using DUO on a android phones.

But I can only call to the LEVNOVO device. When I call the same account from the LENOVO device it says the account I am calling is not DUO enabled. But it is because I can call it from the phone.

I did a factory reset and reset everything, but still the same problem.

Did anyone have a solution?

LysanderDraco
Paper Tape
Views: 1,238
Message 6 of 55

Making Duo Calls between 2 Smart Displays

Is it possible to make a Duo call from one smart display that is answered on another Smart Display? Thinking about buying one for my parents so that they can do easy video calls to their granddaughter and vice versa.

SFII
What's DOS?
Views: 852
Message 8 of 55

Re: STILL unable to receive phone calls to smart display

User error.
byrddw
What's DOS?
Views: 1,632
Message 9 of 55

Duo Call/Address Book Issue

I have a new 10" Lenovo Smartscreen.  I can make calls via DUO, but when my kids attempt to make a call it does not call, it says "who do you want to call" and the screen shows "Pick another contact".  It's as if it doesn't have access to their contact list.  They are setup in DUO and can make DUO calls on their phones (while successfully accessing their contact lists).  I am the only one that can make calls on the Lenovo Smartscreen.  

They are all linked in Google Home, and the Lenovo Smartscreen recognizes their voices (is shows their name in teh top-right corner when they are speaking to the device).  

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  The primary reason for getting the Lenovo Smartscreen was so the kids couls easily make video calls to other family members that have DUO.  

Sal33n
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,015
Message 10 of 55

I want to place duo video call to mom or dad who have only one Lenovo smart display

Hello Lenovo support or anyone else that can help,

Please instruct how to make the following scenarios work properly:

1) mom and dad have a Lenovo display. 

A. If mom is away from home, can place a duo call to dad and the Lenovo display will ring, along with the google duo app on his phone. He would be able to answer on either. 

B. If dad is away from home, can place a duo call to mom and the Lenovo display will ring, along with the google duo app on her phone. She would be able to answer on either. 

2) I have a Lenovo smart display and google duo on my phone.  I want to place duo video call to mom and have their Lenovo display take the call. I also want the same if I place a duo video call to my dad. 

As it it stands at the moment, if I duo video call dad then his phone AND Lenovo display will show a call coming in. If I duo video call mom, then ONLY her phone will show the call coming in. The Lenovo display does not show an incoming video call to her at all.

Both of them have google home installed on their iPhones, the accounts are linked to the same home group and both of their phone numbers are setup in the duo video services in the home app. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors