Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anisite
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 258
Message 1 of 5

[Smart Clock] Kasa KC200 camera can't play on clock

I buyed the smart clock for my bed side, principally to check out baby camera simply by asking google assistant. User manual saying its work with baby monitor and security camera. Do you know why you limiting that feature to Smart clock? It is working good on Smart hub. playing video or displaying camera is a big lack in my opinion.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 227
Message 2 of 5

Re: [Smart Clock] Kasa KC200 camera can't play on clock

Hi @anisite,

Welcome to the Community,

The Smart Clock is a very different device than the Smart Displays (Hub, Smart Display etc)

having said that, it is in its first iteration so the device will be updated to be compatible with more and more devices.

One example is Continuous conversation, that came to Smart Displays just a few months ago, even though it has been around for a while on Google Home Products.

For this particular device, I am not sure if it is currently compatible with Clock, will need to check with Google and get back to you.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 200
Message 3 of 5

Hi @anisite,

Circling back,

I've confirmed with Google and currently the only supported camera devices are Nest products.

Google has confirmed they are working on enabling more devices, such as Kasa KC200 in the near future.

So in short, it is currently not supported.

By any chance can you share with me where you read that Kasa Baby monitors were supported now? I would like to correct the source to make sure people are not disappointed by misinformation.

Miguel 

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

anisite
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 193
Message 4 of 5

Hi, @Miguel_Lenovo

just here : https://news.lenovo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Lenovo_Smart_Clock_with_Google_Assistant_datashee...

Turn off lights, turn on locks, check your security camera and baby monitor cam before you go to sleep. Supporting 10,000+ products and 5000+ partners/brands.

Nothing about "Nest exclusive" feature...

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 168
Message 5 of 5

Hi @anisite,

Thank you for sharing, I got a little more information on the subject. 

This is a temporary technical issue on the Google Assistant side and is being fixed right now. Google is planning to roll out cameras support parity across all “works with Google Assistant” cameras shortly.

I will update you here once the rollout is confirmed. 

Miguel 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors