Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebenb
Paper Tape
Views: 587
Message 11 of 23

Re: Smart Clock Radio Alarm Not Sounding After Snooze

Mine also does this. Only on streaming services.

Please fix and release a firmware update ASAP.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 556
Message 12 of 23

Hi Everyone,

The issue has been reported and Google is currently investigating.

Once there is a fix released by them I'll let you know.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

RobC842
Paper Tape
Views: 540
Message 13 of 23

I'm also having the same issue using streaming music (Pandora).  Alarm sounds normally, playing music.  If I hit snooze, no sound when the alarm goes off again.  If I hit snooze a second time, the alarm does play music normally, but if I hit snooze a third time, it makes no sound.

slui
Fanfold Paper
Views: 500
Message 14 of 23

Further symptoms:

Since snooze doesn't work properly for my 7:50 music alarm, I set a second music alarm for 8:10.  It appeared to go off, but no sound came out.  So at 8:18, I manually started the "good morning" routine which gives me several news reports, only to have it cut off abruptly at 8:20.  This is getting ridiculous.  It feels like the music alarm is somehow cutting off streaming every 10 minutes.

I'm going to try setting that second alarm as a "normal" alarm to see if that helps.  

NEVerEnough998
Paper Tape
Views: 473
Message 15 of 23

Also having this issue.  FWIW, most of the time it occurs after a snooze, but I have seen it happen once on the initial alarm.

Also, it can work correctly after subsequent snoozes.  This morning, (1) alarm triggered, sound (from Spotify) worked correctly, hit snooze. (2) triggered after snooze, display shows "stop" and "snooze" buttons, but no sound, hit snooze, (3) triggered after snooze, sound worked correctly again.  

anisite
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 462
Message 16 of 23

at my end, "pop music" with "Youtube Music" now snooze good (since near a month, but its ALWAYS the same song at every snooze!!! very annoying!  

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

msubulldog94
Paper Tape
Views: 289
Message 17 of 23

I've experienced the same snooze problems as described.  My alarms are set to stream from radio stations from TuneIn.  I can't recall a time when the initial alarm failed to play, but when snoozing the alarm may or may not play sound when it goes off again after any snooze.  It attempts to play as I can hear a small "blip" sound but then the streaming radio station doesn't play.  I've verified that the station is indeed streaming when the alarm is going off, so it's definitely a problem with the Lenovo device or with Google.  As another reviewer mentioned, my traditional clock radios have never failed me in 20+ years.  Using this as a clock radio (instead of just using the standard tones for alarms) is definitely not reliable.  I hope Lenovo or Google fixes this soon as I really like everything else about this device.  I just really need a reliable (radio) alarm.

NEVerEnough998
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 18 of 23

Agreed.  Mine continues to be broken.  I'm not sure that this is being given the attention that it deserves considering how much it cripples the device.  Any updates @Miguel_Lenovo?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 238
Message 19 of 23

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to give you an update, Google has confirmed that a fix has been identified and will be deployed soon.

I will be posting here once the fix has been pushed to your devices.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

msubulldog94
Paper Tape
Views: 151
Message 20 of 23

Today was a (not good) first.  The initial alarm set to play a streaming music source failed to play the source.  The alarm triggered, but no sound.  I checked and the alarm volume was set at 6.  So...I was late for work.  Not good.  This really sucks.  This devices can't even deliver on it's primary purpose, at least not when using any alarm source other than the built in 6 or so tones.

I'll keep this until just before my return window closes on Oct 10.  Until Lenovo/Google comes up with a fix, I'm going back to my old reliable clock radio.  I hope a fix is issued soon so I don't have to return this very promising but unreliable device.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors