Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimFil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 642
Message 1 of 15

Smart Clock radio alarm shuts off after 10 min

Just recently picked up the smart clock. Everything seems to work as it should but I find that the radio alarm shuts the radio off after 10 min. I have to then manually give the command to play the radio which then plays until I tell it to quit. Is there a way to not have the steaming shut off after 10 min.

Thanks .... Tim

Roachy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 563
Message 2 of 15

Re: Smart Clock radio alarm shuts off after 10 min

I have the same issue. If it could be set to play for an hour that would be good.  This issue and the problem with the alarm not sounding at all after snooze, has meant that I have reverted back to my my old clock radio as the smart clock is unreliable (to the point of not being fit for purpose).

anisite
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 540
Message 3 of 15

Same here, I don't understand why this device do not include a true FM band radio ... quite simple... no?  TuneIn radio is VERY unreliable. Last week I got a short error message about streaming issue, but no backup music, no backup alarm, just a short message and then ... nothing.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 495
Message 4 of 15

Hi @TimFil,

That is as intended, as it is an alarm.

I will pass on feedback to Google to look into maybe implementing an option to just let the radio play but I can confirm this is not an technical issue.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

TimFil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 450
Message 5 of 15

Thanks for the reply Miguel.

Your reply says that it is intended as an alarm which I do understand but if you think of older alarms, they would keep sounding (tone or radio) until either it was snoozed or shut off so I'm not sure why google thinks they should only run for 10 min. Aside from that I am using a work around by setting multiple alarms every 10 min with the final alarm being set as a morning routine. In the routine I have it set up to play the radio which will play until I shut if off. The only problem I have is that you have to listen to the "Good morning Tim" intro first.  Also I'm not sure the morning routine alarm is running properly. It always seems to have to play the alarm tone first then you have to pysically hit the stop button to get the routine to run. Is this as intended? Of should the routine run on it's own without the alarm tone running first and having to hit stop?

Thanks ... Tim

RichardG
What's DOS?
Views: 416
Message 6 of 15

There are two work arounds I have found

you can set the snooze time to 30 mins.

Or

setup a routine using the home app to schedule turning the radio on at time. This will stay on until you either tell it to stop or setup another routine to turn it off. You can decide whether to add the morning routine, read your Callander etc.

neither are ideal but it I find the routine works well and I just remember to say stop before I leave the bedroom.

richard

Roachy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 405
Message 7 of 15

How do you set the snooze to 30 minutes?

RichardG
What's DOS?
Views: 402
Message 8 of 15

Swipe down from the top of the clock, select Alarms, click the gear icon of the left of set an alarm. You can change default snooze length, alarm volume.

ghague
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 9 of 15

Yes!  This needs to be adjustable.  I'll often wake up to the radio alarm, and first off, listen to the news while still in bed for upwards of 10-15 minutes.  And even once out of bed, I like to have the news playing in my room while getting ready for work.

anisite
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 349
Message 10 of 15

and, if the server go offline or wifi drop, stream cut itself, etc, we really need a fallback!! A smart clock need in first to WAKE UP properly. This morning I got no sound at all for the 5 or 6th time. I bought one to my sister but now she's back to her old clock radio.

In the source code please add a try catch to catch stream stop WITHOUT user input. Start playing a local sound in place during connection retry...

@miguel_lenovo please!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors