Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jako607
Paper Tape
Views: 1,536
Message 1 of 33

Smart display audio starts off low then increases

Has anyone else experienced an issue where all of the google assistant responses on the Smart Display start at a very low volume for the first few words then increases to the actual set volume after the first few words? This just started happening to ours in the last week or so.

VPonder
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,471
Message 2 of 33

Re: Smart display audio starts off low then increases

Thanks for posting; I'm having the same issue. Noticed it for first time today. Hopefully a fix is coming soon.
Melanchete
Paper Tape
Views: 1,433
Message 3 of 33

Same issue here, and has been happening since the morning of the 27th. I have performed a hard reset and still have the same issue. On a side note the microphone is less sensitive. This is the 10" unit. Seems like this started after the firmware update. 4.41.16+prod. 1.1.0.5108717
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,424
Message 4 of 33

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums. Here are some troubleshooting steps you may try: https://smartsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/products/smart/smart-home/lenovo-smart-display/solutions/ht507.... Did the problem started only after an update or sudden? Rest assured our engineers are looking in to this right now, once a fix or an update is available we will keep you posted. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Rat100
Punch Card
Views: 1,417
Message 5 of 33

I have this issue, noticed it a day or 2 ago, I have also received the updated firmware  4.4.1.16+prod

10" display (UK)

Jako607
Paper Tape
Views: 1,408
Message 6 of 33

I have no way of knowing when updates occur, so I can't say if it started happening after an update. All I can say is that it started happening within the last week or so, and our device is currently on 4.41.16+prod.1.1.0.5108717

Melanchete
Paper Tape
Views: 1,401
Message 7 of 33

I have to agree. While this might be a "smart display" it definitely is falling short of what I perceive as smart. Maybe if developer or advanced mode was made available or a better reporting/display features.
VPonder
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,378
Message 8 of 33

Hi, Hassen, 

I noticed it sometime late Monday or early Tuesday. I've restarted a couple of times  but have not done a reset.

THANKS; glad to know you guys are working on what appears to be a relatively minor, yet incredibly annoying bug.

Best, 

Victor

First1111
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,351
Message 9 of 33

I’m having the same issues. Things could be worse I got the 11 inch iPad Pro with USB C and it doesnt support external hard drive‘s that will piss me off but in the meantime fix this issue ASAP 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,343
Message 10 of 33

Hi @First1111 @Jako607 @VPonder @Melanchete @Rat100,

Welcome to the Community,

I have raised the issue with Google.

As with any bug, I would like to kindly ask that you send a feedback report to google on your Google Home App and on your Display using the Hashtag: 

#Display Sound Low High

If unsure of how to submit feedback, please refer to this Knowledge Base Article:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Smart-Home-Smart-Display/Lenovo-Smart-Display-Providing-feedback-to-Goo...

Please confirm once you left the feedback.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors