Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BuddieBoy
Paper Tape
Views: 3,145
Message 3 of 12

Unable to ‘broadcast’ to smart display

Hi there,

For some reason I’m now unable to broadcast to my smart display from my google mini or google assistant mobile app. I can send a broadcast to my mini, however simply can’t receive them now. This was working the other week, however it seems since the new update it has stopped doing so. I have made sure that the settings are both the same according to my mini, but still encountering the same issue. 

If anyone has any advice that would be great. 

Thanks 

rykirk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,176
Message 1 of 12

Unable to Cast to Smart Display

Casting just stalls out on YouTube TV from voice or casting from phone. HBO also having trouble. Anyone else have this problem?

QrzdtjY.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,129
Message 2 of 12

Re: Unable to Cast to Smart Display

Hi rykirk,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I know if you're also having the same issue when casting on a regular YouTube app? 

I've done some research regarding this and it appears that this is only compatible with android devices. The Lenovo Smart Display is running Google Home app.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,121
Message 4 of 12

Re: Unable to ‘broadcast’ to smart display

Hi @BuddieBoy,

Welcome to the Community,

Best thing to do is to remove your display from your Google Home App and then run a factory reset on device and reconnect.

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

rykirk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,081
Message 5 of 12

Re: Unable to Cast to Smart Display

Loading YouTube TV, HBO, or YouTube via casting by phone or by voice commands seems to be performing better now. I put the smart display on a static IP, I think that may have helped the issue a bit?

Oh and to confirm what another user has said, broadcasting to the smart display from another Google Home does not work at all. Thank you for your time.
BuddieBoy
Paper Tape
Views: 3,057
Message 6 of 12

Thanks heaps Miguel. As annoying as it is to reset the device it still solved the issue. 

BuddieBoy
Paper Tape
Views: 3,045
Message 7 of 12

Update: 1 hour later from resetting my smart display the issue has returned and I’m unable to cast again... :/ 

aanderson151
Punch Card
Views: 2,885
Message 8 of 12

Still doesn't work

jimmiepens
What's DOS?
Views: 2,364
Message 9 of 12

This is not a solution.  I unlinked the LSD from my google home app, performed a factory reset on the LSD, and then re-added the LSD to my Google Home.  Still unable to broadcast to the display.  I can play music and videos.

This worked initially.  Also, the LSD stopped announcing Nest Hello notifications and stopped displaying the Hello live stream.  This worked yesterday.

mew1033
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,316
Message 10 of 12

This is also not working for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors