Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill1952
Paper Tape
Views: 269
Message 1 of 5

Voce calls won't connect

Very simply it is what SO MANY OTHERS are complaining about.. We say "Hey Google call" any contact, the connect screen appears momentarily and the process shuts down and a chime tone is heard. I am on Spectrum Internet and the Smart Display is connected. I have a google voice number (tried as a last resort) and that didn't work. I checked all settings and software versions. Your guides are not very helpful, so I found all I could on line. Nothing works. Latest on forum shows it effected many people after a recent software update. Please fix it or I will have to return my daughter's Christmas gift to me . Ican make DUO video calls

Sal33n
Token Ring
Views: 241
Message 2 of 5

Re: Voce calls won't connect

This is a known problem and has supposedly been fixed in the latest software version that is getting rolled out randomly. Unfortunately there is no quick way to get the update. Eventually your device will receive it. Could be days, could be weeks.
katie06
Blue Screen Again
Views: 234
Message 3 of 5

how will I know when the update is available.  Is it something that takes place automatically or do I have to keep trying to make a call with the smart display to see if it is working yet?

Sal33n
Token Ring
Views: 211
Message 4 of 5

I assume it will update automatically but since I have not been updated yet I do not know if there is an indication that it has occurred. All I know is I’m on version 4 something and read that the update that fixes the calling issues is version 5 something (from what I’ve read).

Highlighted
LinksysExpert
What's DOS?
Views: 191
Message 5 of 5

I am having the same issue. So I suppose I will also have to wait for the update with the fix.
Thanks for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors