Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoSil
Paper Tape
Views: 792
Message 11 of 33

Re: P10 smart tablet drops wifi

I know it's not ideal, but I've found that putting a range extender in the same room as the tablet has solved the issue. This is despite the fact that I had good signal with the basic router, and that no other devices at the same location have the problem with wifi dropping. I tended to have most problems later in the day when my neighbours were more likely to be using multiple devices, and even though I changed the wifi channel to minimise interference, there are only two things that helped. The first (not an option if the tablet is docked and which was only a partial solution for me) is to turn the tablet so that the 'bottom' of the tablet in landscape mode is at the top or it is upside down in portrait mode. I assume this points the wifi receiver towards the router in my set up. The other is to use the range extender. Interestingly, my router won't allow me to specify connecton to the 5Ghz band, but my wifi extender separates 2 and 5GHz signals, and the tablet always connects to the 5GHz automatically even though the signal strength is slightly lower than the 2GHz. So, if your router allows it, switching to the other band might be worth a try before going to the expense of a range extender.

Jean53
Paper Tape
Views: 774
Message 12 of 33

Thanks for the advice but I already have range extenders throughout the house, these were supplied by BT although to be honest I don't think I I ever really needed them. I don't think there should be any need to go through what you are having to do with a brand new tablet, it sounds very frustrating! Given there are absolutely no other issues with any of my other devices dropping wifi and given that a number of people are reporting this problem both here and on Amazon I really think Lenovo needs to reply and clarify the problem and give us a fix for this. If not I will have to return the tablet since it is virtually useless because of its constant dropping of the wifi  and I will leave an honest but poor review of this model on Amazon. 

SeanNC
Paper Tape
Views: 718
Message 13 of 33

I too have this problem my P10 Alexa enabled with docking station loses connection when docked and when not docked when docked Alexa will tell me thetr6is an issue if she can't connect. Or an orange line will appear at the bottom of the screen. I have tried in various WiFi locations outside of my home including friends and family locations. I have tried extenders but no joy. Have searched the internet for a solution but none available.

The problem appears to be the tablet not the WiFi connection. Is this a hardware issue  or software issue and has the issue been acknowledged by Lenovo.

mprowe
Paper Tape
Views: 695
Message 14 of 33

I too, am suffering these symproms. To help me understand the problem, I built this test setup: see attached.

The numbers (1m=20|100Mbit/sec) refere to the speeds via the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz interfaces.

So at 1 meter, I get 20Mbits on the 2.4GHz channels and 100Mbits on the 5GHz channels.

I suspect that the antenna is not connecting to the (Broadcom?) WiFi/BT chip.

I am returning my P10 to a major UK reatailer this week. I'll let you know how I get on!

Regards, Martin

Jean53
Paper Tape
Views: 651
Message 15 of 33

This is my third post re this issue. I have now given up, I have arranged for the tablet to be returned for refund. Very disappointed with the the unreliable WiFi connection. I note this thread has had over 1000 views and yet still no reply from Lenovo, this does not inspire confidence.

MrChizzy
Paper Tape
Views: 631
Message 16 of 33

I also am experiencing a problem with my tablet.. TB-X705M.. the WLAN refuses to no.. it keeps showing error.. I have tried resetting the network setting but no avail.. Pls guys what can I do?

Highlighted
MikeTheTexan
Paper Tape
Views: 588
Message 17 of 33

Same problem here. Just got the tablet from Amazon yesterday and wifi drops constantly at home on my spectrum provided router. But not at work. So it is router specific. but like everyone else I have 20 or 30 other devices at home and none of them have a connection issue, only the stupid tablet. I will probably return this to Amazon in the next few days. Also tried the 1.3GB update to Android 9 and it did not fix the issue. So I worry this is an unfixable hardware incompatibility with some routers.  Mine is the Spectrum Wave2 Askey model RAC2V1K.

gwz85
What's DOS?
Views: 502
Message 18 of 33

Mine started dropping wifi after the firmware upgrade to android 9, but I do not have the means to revert it back because prior to that it was working fine.

JRW2
Paper Tape
Views: 459
Message 19 of 33

Bought my P10 back on March 3, 2019. The wifi hasn't been an issue until recently. My other devices don't have an issue with wifi and I've tried changing channels for our internet but the problem persists and resetting the tablet itself but the wifi is still inconsistent. Seeing that other folks are having the same problem I'm wondering if it's a hardware issue? Any ideas out there

Junglejuice
Paper Tape
Views: 386
Message 20 of 33

I've been having a similar issue with maintaining a wifi connection to my mobile (which I use as a hotspot) for several months now. Just 12hrs ago I switched the p10 to flight mode then enabled wifi. So far so good.... Hasn't dropped a connection yet😃 hopefully this works for others as well

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors