Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CW34205
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,963
Message 1 of 33

P10 smart tablet drops wifi

Hello,  My new P10 Smart Tablet randomly drops the wifi connection in my house although the signal appears to be strong and all my other devices, phones & laptop are in the same vicinity and stay on the wifi without problem.    I don't have the problem when I am in the same room as the router.  The problem appears when I move away from the router, for example the next room.    I haven't taken the P10 outside to try other wifi.  But I shouldn't have this problem within my own house.  Any ideas?

Model TB X705F  

Android 8.1.0

Build TB X705F_S000039_20190219_ROW

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 1,871
Message 2 of 33

Re: P10 smart tablet drops wifi

SInce it's okay in the router's space, the problem may be the other room.  I have found differences between 11n spec wifi reception among different Android devices, the Lenovo tablet better than most.  I use Wifi Analyzer (VREM Software) to check nearby signal competition (that can vary a lot depending on external windows and neighbors on the same wifi channel) and Speedtest (Ookla) app to test internet upload / download performance (which is often independent of the wifi signal itself, and can be just as good or bad, regardless).  Often resetting the wifi channel in the router can improve it for a conflicted room by escaping strong invading signals - you have to check your router / ISP support for that. 

I've also found resetting the wifi signal can strengthen it - the apps are pretty much alike but this one is honest about what it can and can't do:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Gold9llc.networksignalresetter

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
CW34205
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,864
Message 3 of 33

Thank you for your reply.   I decided that since the problem appeared to be signal strength, I would try a range extender even though none of my other devices had a problem.  I installed one and it appears the problem may be resolved.    I'll monitor it for a day to be sure.

JoSil
Paper Tape
Views: 1,654
Message 4 of 33

Tab P10 Wifi Keeps Dropping

Suggestions, please. My tablet is a few weeks old, and the last couple of days the WiFi keeps dropping. I've got 2 phones 2 Pcs and another tablet connected to the WiFi without issue. The Lenovo tablet repeatedly loses connection despite having good signal strength and no issue with WiFi channel.  A WiFi analyser shows that there is good signal strength, no interference but no Internet about 1 sec in 4. (Actual disconnection is more variable.) The same analyser running on the other tablet shows constant connection.

JoSil
Paper Tape
Views: 1,669
Message 5 of 33

Have the same issue. It isn't WiFi channel related according to a WiFi analyser. In fact that app sees no Internet about 1 second in 4 despite telling me there is a good signal and no interference, (In practical terms, there is connection for more than 3 seconds at a time but it's variable.)

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,569
Message 6 of 33

Re: Tab P10 Wifi Keeps Dropping

Hi @JoSil,

Welcome to the Community,

When is it dropping the connection? While you are surfing the web or is it while docked?

If it happens while docked how do you know it lost connection?

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

JoSil
Paper Tape
Views: 1,555
Message 7 of 33

I don't have a dock, so when surfing. I have been able to minimise the problem by using the tablet upside down and I assume thereby pointing the WiFi receiver towards the router. It really does seem to be that sensitive to tiny variations in signal strength!

pongalong
What's DOS?
Views: 1,462
Message 8 of 33

I also have this issue, and I noticed several Amazon reviews have reported the same thing. I am on well covered mesh network (4 x eero) and the P10 is the only device I have that cuts out. It's easy to notice because I purchased this tablet to use mainly as a makeshift baby-monitor with bonus Echo features. The tablet seemed to be fine for the first few weeks but lately I cannot stream video without the connection dropping. The problem seems to improve if I move within a few feet of one of my four access points, but again, all my other devices (~40+ devices) have a strong signal throughout the house and do not lose connection. I would return this, but unfortunately I'm out of the return period. Is there any recourse from the Lenovo team?

Luisella
What's DOS?
Views: 1,198
Message 9 of 33

Hi I have the same problem,the wifi keeps dropping even if I am sitting beside the router and even when is docked because when i listen to the radio it keeps stopping and Alexa says she's lost connection and I keep have to ask her to resume,it is very annoying when browsing and it is new,please anybody has a solution? Thanks

Jean53
Paper Tape
Views: 1,021
Message 10 of 33

I bought  P10 yesterday. It constantly drops the wifi connection. When I go to settings it tells me my  connection tomy hub has been disabled. Alexa repeatedly stops playing radio stations and says she is cannot connect to wifi. Signal strength is excellent and I have no issues with any of my other devices. Can anyone help as this issue seems to be reported by others too

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors