Did you mean: 
Kat-CeDe
Paper Tape
Views: 214
Message 1 of 13

Smart Tab P10 and bluetooth/Alexa problems

Hi,

I have the P10 since it was released in Germany. My problems are:

1. BlueTooth connection not solid. When in dock it often loses the pairing several times  a day. If I am lucky (90-95% of the time) it automatically repairs a few seconds later but with quite a noise which is disturbing in quiet enviroment. Sometimes repairing is not happening and it must be done manually which is sometimes not so easy.

2. Alexa: When I activate the P10 with "Alexa" sometimes she immediatly closes the conversation and I have to call here again before I can give her instructions.

3. Alexa: She does not talk to other Echo/Dot to see who is nearest and can understand best. When she has recognized "Alexa" she wants to answer even if the reception of commands is not the best and another Echo/Dot would be better suited to answer/react.

4. Will it be possible to assign the P10 to a room like it can be done with Echo/Dot? This must be possible in order to directly control a Fire TV or Hue bulb in that room without mentioning the room name.

I am a bit astonished that here are no posts about the BlueTooth problems. Is the P10 woking better other contries?

Ralf

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 181
Message 2 of 13

Re: Smart Tab P10 and bluetooth/Alexa problems

Hi @Kat-CeDe,

Welcome to the Community,

Quite a few issues, I think we will need to break them up to follow up on individual issues.

My suggestion is that we address the Bluetooth issue here and please open up separate discussions for:

2 & 3 (together)

Thank you,

So Bluetooth, what is the version number of Showmode for Lenovo app and Dock firmware version?

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Kat-CeDe
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 3 of 13

Hi Miguel,

OK I will do.

BlueTooth:

App is 1.0.196.0 and must be latest version as automatic updates are activated.

How do I get the firmware version of the dock? I only know that it was updated end of January when I got the tablet.

Thank you for you help

Ralf

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 155
Message 4 of 13

Hi @Kat-CeDe,

Thank you very much for doing that, it will make dealing with each issue much easier.

I don't have the dock in front of me now, have this at home, but if I recall correctly:

Settings > Apps & notifications > See All and then click on dock

I am not 100% this is the correct path, but if not I will have a look at it tonight and post back.

Miguel 

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Arno1207
Paper Tape
Views: 150
Message 5 of 13

Hi,

just wanted to add myself to the very same problems Kat-CeDe has.

Either unstable bluetooth connection, as well as Alexa reproducibly not responding the first time I ask.

It gives us just a second and switches off, always! Second try works.

Cheers

Arno

Highlighted
Kat-CeDe
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 6 of 13

Hi Miguel,
no Dock in apps &notifications. I already in the settings but did not find anything dock related.

Ralf
Teabow
Fanfold Paper
Views: 118
Message 7 of 13

Same problem for me in France Bluetooth connection get often lost and reconnect itself
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 87
Message 8 of 13

Hi Everyone,

an update on the Bluetooth connection.

Currently, we’re aware of the issue and investigating to resolve it quickly.

Thank you for your patience and please if more people face this issue comment below,

Miguel 

jenni382
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 9 of 13

I also am having the same problems with bluetooth.  I updated the tablet software last night to TB-X705F_S000039_20190219_ROW hoping it might help but it almost seems worse.  Mine is now pairing and unpairing constantly every minute or two.

- Amazon Alexa App Version 2.2.262452.0, last updated March 11, 2019. It says in play store "This app may not be optimized for your device"

- Amazon Alexa - Show Mode for Lenovo App Version 1.0.196.0, last updated March 1, 2019.  This also has the same note about not being optimized for my device

- Leonvo Smart Dock Firmware Updater App Version 1004.0001.0003.0046 last updated January 13, 2019.  Same disclaimer as the other two apps.

Since it does end up pairing again after unpairing, is there any way to shut off the pairing/unpairing sound on the dock until the issue can be completely fixed?

jenni382
Paper Tape
Views: 72
Message 10 of 13

Ralph,

To get app version:

Check in the Play Store under the "Installed" tab, then in each app under the screenshots tap "Read more." It should list there what version the app is and when it was last updated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors