03-12-2019 03:02 AM
I have the P10 since it was released in Germany. My problems are:
1. BlueTooth connection not solid. When in dock it often loses the pairing several times a day. If I am lucky (90-95% of the time) it automatically repairs a few seconds later but with quite a noise which is disturbing in quiet enviroment. Sometimes repairing is not happening and it must be done manually which is sometimes not so easy.
2. Alexa: When I activate the P10 with "Alexa" sometimes she immediatly closes the conversation and I have to call here again before I can give her instructions.
3. Alexa: She does not talk to other Echo/Dot to see who is nearest and can understand best. When she has recognized "Alexa" she wants to answer even if the reception of commands is not the best and another Echo/Dot would be better suited to answer/react.
4. Will it be possible to assign the P10 to a room like it can be done with Echo/Dot? This must be possible in order to directly control a Fire TV or Hue bulb in that room without mentioning the room name.
I am a bit astonished that here are no posts about the BlueTooth problems. Is the P10 woking better other contries?
03-13-2019 03:51 AM
Welcome to the Community,
Quite a few issues, I think we will need to break them up to follow up on individual issues.
My suggestion is that we address the Bluetooth issue here and please open up separate discussions for:
2 & 3 (together)
So Bluetooth, what is the version number of Showmode for Lenovo app and Dock firmware version?
03-13-2019 11:40 AM
OK I will do.
App is 22.214.171.124 and must be latest version as automatic updates are activated.
How do I get the firmware version of the dock? I only know that it was updated end of January when I got the tablet.
Thank you for you help
03-14-2019 04:21 AM
Thank you very much for doing that, it will make dealing with each issue much easier.
I don't have the dock in front of me now, have this at home, but if I recall correctly:
Settings > Apps & notifications > See All and then click on dock
I am not 100% this is the correct path, but if not I will have a look at it tonight and post back.
03-14-2019 05:13 AM
just wanted to add myself to the very same problems Kat-CeDe has.
Either unstable bluetooth connection, as well as Alexa reproducibly not responding the first time I ask.
It gives us just a second and switches off, always! Second try works.
03-18-2019 05:46 AM
an update on the Bluetooth connection.
Currently, we’re aware of the issue and investigating to resolve it quickly.
Thank you for your patience and please if more people face this issue comment below,
03-18-2019 06:42 PM
I also am having the same problems with bluetooth. I updated the tablet software last night to TB-X705F_S000039_20190219_ROW hoping it might help but it almost seems worse. Mine is now pairing and unpairing constantly every minute or two.
- Amazon Alexa App Version 2.2.262452.0, last updated March 11, 2019. It says in play store "This app may not be optimized for your device"
- Amazon Alexa - Show Mode for Lenovo App Version 126.96.36.199, last updated March 1, 2019. This also has the same note about not being optimized for my device
- Leonvo Smart Dock Firmware Updater App Version 1004.0001.0003.0046 last updated January 13, 2019. Same disclaimer as the other two apps.
Since it does end up pairing again after unpairing, is there any way to shut off the pairing/unpairing sound on the dock until the issue can be completely fixed?
03-18-2019 06:45 PM - edited 03-18-2019 06:46 PM
To get app version:
Check in the Play Store under the "Installed" tab, then in each app under the screenshots tap "Read more." It should list there what version the app is and when it was last updated.