Options

2 Posts

12-19-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 2

12/18/19 Smart Tab P10 Alexa will not consistently play VEVO music videos. Alexa challenges my .....

2019-12-19, 1:44 AM

Repeated requests to "play music videos" at times and other times if I say alexa play music videos from coldplay sometimes it will work. The times when it does not work alexa says no videos and sends me to prime video BUY page....I delibrately bought this device to play music videos...I ask alexa to launch youtube and alexa says youtube is not supported by this device...Tech support 2 times today no answers just phone numbers to Google(hung up repeatedly) and Amazon courteous but not really helpful, I feel like I bought something bogus here case #801 424 9819. No one told me I would be testing my Lenovo purchase, I am sad about being between 3 major computer companies and no one is helping me, this is a drag!....FYI what other music video services are supported? I think it is only VEVO and my skill is enabled for sure...So how do I enjoy this device if it will not play music videos on a regular basis? My Echo device and my P10 play Pandora OK in show mode fyi.

I have a 8" lenovo tab which runs well fyi.

Options

16 Posts

02-03-2020

United States of America

27 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:12/18/19 Smart Tab P10 Alexa will not consistently play VEVO music videos. Alexa challenges my .....

2020-02-27, 19:51 PM
Hi. My SmartTab M10 too is not able to play VEVO videos, but again it hasn't streamed any kind of video skills to date. Nevertheless I don't have Prime Video though. I have noticed that there are some functional differences between Echo Show devices and Show Mode on Lenovo. I don't know whether this is due to software bugs or Amazon is intentionally limiting Show Mode functionality in order to promote their devices. Regarding YouTube skills missing from Alexa, despite Amazon and Google managing to end their comercial war last year, integrating they services is slow and it works on the basis "I give you something, you give me something". In guess we will still have to wait a long time before this is over. What is nice though with the Smart Tab is that when ever Alexa is incapable to carry a task, Google Assistant can jump in and do the job. So you can ask: "Ok Google open YouTube" Enjoy
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms