04-19-2012

SK

7922 Signins

305314 Page Views

• Views: 305314
  • Message 1 of 12

Dock cant paired with the tablet

2019-01-23, 13:08 PM

1. Please check whether the tablet is Lenovo Smart Tab M10 or Smart Tab P10. The dock only support Lenovo Smart Tab M10 and Smart Tab P10.
  2. Please follow the make sure the tablet Bluetooth and Location function is on, connected with internet, login Amazon and Google.
  3. Please check whether the tablet (as power is not full) can be charged after being docked. Go through the above checking process (Cant charge the tablet after docked)
  4. Please press dock blue-tooth button to make it flash then dock the tablet to try again.
  5. Please connect the dock to power and hold both the Bluetooth button and the Volume Down button at the same time for 3 seconds to reset it. Then delete the dock from the Bluetooth connected devices list on the tablet (Settings -> Connected devices -> Bluetooth).

Finally try dock the tablet again to see whether there is any remind pop up in tablet. Just follow it if yes.

1. Please try to use other mobile device to connect the dock by Bluetooth after press Bluetooth button to make it blink. Please contact us with the symptom: Dock is broken if not.
  2. Please do factory reset for tablet (Setting->System->Reset option->Erase all data), make sure you have do backup you data before do factory reset.

Then go to play store to update ‘Amazon Alexa-Show Mode for Lenovo’ and ‘Lenovo Smart Dock Firmware Updater’at last try dock the tablet again to see whether there is any remind pop up in tablet. Just follow it if yes.

Miguel Gonzalez
EMEA Consumer Technical Trainer

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Options

0 Posts

01-20-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Dock cant paired with the tablet

2020-01-20, 6:30 AM

I have a Lenovo Smart Tab P10.  I did everything listed on the solution.  When I first start through the setup, the tablet and the dock do pair. Then, however, when the setup has the mandatory step to update the firmware updater, the pairing stops and will not pair.  It keeps giving me an error code that I have the wrong key.  It should be noted that even though the setup makes the firmware updater mandatory, the Google Play installer has a notation that the app "may not be optimized for your device."  Why is it mandatory to install an app that is not optimized for my device.

Anyway, I have done everything according to the instructions and the device pairs at first and the stops pairing during the setup process.

Options

1 Posts

03-16-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

Re:Dock cant paired with the tablet

2020-03-16, 3:51 AM

Maybe you have an answer by now but I did get my tablet to connect to the dock.  I checked to see if the bluetooth on the dock was working properly using my smartphone and it was working properly.  I had been having problems with the tablet connecting to the dock for a long time but I eventually got it to work.

I made sure I was signed in to both Google and Amazon.  I temporarily disconnected the dock from the power cable, reattached the power cable and then rebooted my Lenovo tablet.  I pushed the bluetooth button on the dock and put the tablet into the dock.  I had also set the mic button to the on position.  I received a pairing request on the tablet's screen and it also told me the pairing name.  I allowed the pairing and after it paired, Alexa came on the screen and I played the video to see if it worked. Alexa did work.  Each time I take the tablet out of the dock and put it back in, the tablet makes a bong sound and the bluetooth button lights up solid within a couple of seconds and it's paired again.

So, I'm just letting you know that although I originally had problems with pairing the tablet and the dock, I finally did get it to work.  I have the Lenovo Tab P10 and it's rather nice as I have side-loaded a lot of apps for fun and entertainment.

Options

2 Posts

10-01-2013

US

3 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 4 of 12

2020-05-11, 20:17 PM

My table has entered an endless loop of docking failure.

It used to be the tablet would only dock if you also entered the BT settings manually and allowed the connection. Something that was tricky to do before the pairing timed out.

Now as soon as you try to enter the pair settings Alexa paring displays "something went wrong" and fails. 

If you start with the tablet being paired while not in the dock, as soon as you place it in the dock it unpairs and the BT light goes off.

Options

1 Posts

05-12-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2020-05-12, 18:42 PM
Why won't my tablet stay paired with the docking station????? Even when in the docking station!!!!!!!!!! Alexa won't work either!!!!!!!! Only intermittently. Please can you send me a replacement tablet that works!
Options

2 Posts

10-01-2013

US

3 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 6 of 12

2020-05-12, 21:46 PM

I finally got my tablet to work (mostly) reliably with Alexa.

It took two things:

1. I followed the recommendation here to disable battery optimization of the BT app.
  2. update the system to Android 9. (I can't find a link to the process)

The tablet gave no indication that there was an update available.  I had to go into the system settings and manually check for an update:

settings -> system -> System update ??? (I forgot the exact location, and it's changed now with Android 9)

It required about 2-3 updates, and then updates to Apps as well. But now it seems to usually connect. 

I say 'usually" because it still asks for permissions sometimes when I put it back on the dock, but at least I don't have to get into the BT screen and grant them before the pairing times out.

Be aware, a lot changes from my original version to Android 9, including the UI which is very different. Not bad, just different.

Good-luck.

Options

1 Posts

06-26-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 12

Re:Dock Bluetooth paired with the tablet but..

2020-06-26, 13:53 PM
Just bought this smartpad, followed all instructions and the pad and dock will only stay paired when the pad is in the dock. Soon as I lift the pad out of the dock it loses pairing... What do I need to do or set to maintain pairing.
Options

27 Posts

05-09-2020

GB

19 Signins

375 Page Views

• Views: 375
  • Message 8 of 12

2020-06-28, 5:28 AM

Go in to settings on the tablet then connected  devices and you see options  of pair new device or pair previously  paired devices, I tap on the second option and my tablet name appears I tap on that and it connects  and volume comes out of Dock when the tablet is away from the Dock .

Options

1 Posts

07-14-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

My dock is pairing but calls are not hearing in dock speaker and when i say alexa its not hearing

2020-07-14, 5:30 AM
My alexa mic is on but its not coming and calls sound is not hearing in dock speaker
Options

1 Posts

07-15-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 10 of 12

2020-07-15, 14:30 PM

I have this tablet and docking station and had problems with it. Here are a few tips that seems to have solved it.

I did wipe out the table and start from scratch twice. The first time it didn't really fix anything. The 2nd time I did the following and so far so good.

• remove any other Bluetooth devices you have connected to it. 
    • I had a Bluetooth headset connected to it. And found that if the headset is connected it wouldn't dock
  • Before docking I push the Bluetooth button on the docking station and make sure it's blinking before I dock the tablet.
    • As long as the light was blinking before it seems to work. I will say that it has randomly lost connection for some reason. But it will reconnect.

With those few things I seem to be in decent shape. I wish it just "worked", but I'll take what I can get for the price. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete