Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Smart Tablets with Amazon Alexa
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-25-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 3

How to disable "battery protection mode"

2020-09-08, 0:08 AM

This feature is diabolical. I have a P10 and M10 and they both automatically enable battery protection mode. These are dedicated tablets that are always plugged in. I need to have them always charging or atleast never sleeping.

Its really annoying, after the app detects 100% battery charge it will try to automatically enable battery protection mode after some counter counts down. I really want to disable the feature and understand the consequences. 

I have disabled it in the settings but it keeps doing it which leads to my alexa sleeping and with the constant bluetooth connection issues, its a real hassle. 

Options

1 Posts

01-26-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:How to disable "battery protection mode"

2021-01-26, 16:02 PM

I couldn't agree more. I don't use my tablet every day, but when I do it's always stuck at 60% or 50% or even 30%. It comes on all by itself even after I've disabled it for the millionth time and never charges the battery after that. So it just slowly drains out to nothing if I don't use it for a period of time. Then when I need it I have to wait 3 hours for it to charge up again. What's the point of having the battery if you won't ever charge the *bleeping* thing. I will never buy a Lenovo product again. This is the most pointless device. I was really happy with it at first, but if you don't use it EVERY DAY the perpetual dead battery makes it virtually useless. Sure it saves the battery. Because it NEVER uses it.

Options

1 Posts

10-07-2019

United States of America

8 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:How to disable "battery protection mode"

2021-07-22, 5:47 AM

I'm in the same position. I've delegated this tablet to a monitor for my security cam because i hate it so much. after this tablet and a Motorola phone from Lenovo that got completely messed up with a software update,, I won't ever purchase another Lenovo product again I use the soundbar with a windows tablet that I purchased to use instead of this Lenovo and it never disconnects,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)