04-19-2012

SK

7911 Signins

305234 Page Views

• Views: 305234
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Smart Tab FAQs

2019-01-23, 12:33 PM

Before using the guide, please ensure your device settings correctly follow the instructions in the User Guide:

Make sure WIFI hub works fine and can connect with internet.

Connect device with power line.

Open Bluetooth and location function in tablet.

Login Google account and Amazon account.

Dock the tablet.

Question List:

Q: What is the Lenovo Smart Tab with Amazon Alexa?

AThe Lenovo Smart Tab is an amazing Android tablet. It doubles as a Smart Screen with Alexa built-in and becomes your home’s personal assistant when docked on its included Smart Dock. It allows Alexa to show your things thanks to a beautiful 10.1" screen coupled with far-field voice pick up and loud, crisp sound. Watch video flash briefings, Amazon Video content, see music lyrics, security camera feeds, photos, weather forecasts, to-do lists, listen to audiobooks, and shop Amazon and more. All hands-free—just ask.

Q: What tablets are compatible with the Lenovo Smart Dock?

AOnly Lenovo Smart Tab M10, Smart Tab P10, Tab M10 and Tab P10 models are compatible.

Q: Does the Lenovo Smart Dock charge the tablet?

A: Yes, when the Smart Tab is docked into the Smart Dock it will begin charging.

Q: Can I still use Android tablet mode when I dock into the Smart dock?

A: Yes you can, just pull down the drop down menu and turn off the Show Mode by pressing the icon which is marked with red rectangle in below screen shot.

Q: Can I pair my phone with the Smart Dock and play audio from it?

A: Yes, after pairing the Lenovo Smart Tab with the Smart dock the first time and signing into your Amazon account, you will be able to pair other external Bluetooth products with the Smart Dock and use it as a Bluetooth speaker.

Q: Do I need an Amazon account to use Alexa features?

A: Yes, you need to have an Amazon account and be signed in the Alexa app on the tablet to use Show Mode.

Q: Does the Lenovo Smart Dock come with batteries?

A: No, the Lenovo Smart Dock does not have built-in batteries and has to be plugged into an outlet at all times to function.

Q: Is there a way to mute the dock’s microphone from always listening?

A: Yes, there is a physical mute button on the Lenovo Smart Dock, which prevents Alexa from listening.

Q: Is Alexa recording all my conversations?

A: No. Alexa is designed to record only what comes shortly after the wake word (“Alexa”). No audio is stored or sent to the cloud unless the Lenovo Smart Tab is triggered by the wake word.

Q: Can I buy just the dock on its own?

A: The Smart Dock may be available to buy separately depending on countries. Check your local Lenovo.com website to find more.

Q: Can I use Show Mode without docking the Tab M10/P10 into the Lenovo Smart Dock?

A: Yes, you can turn on Show Mode in the Android drop down menu by swiping down from the top of the screen.

Q: How far away can I speak to the Smart Tab when docked?

A: It depends on the volume of your voice, background noise, and volume setting. Your Lenovo Smart Tab should be able to hear you from across a large living room. Generally, it is about 9 feet.

Q: Is the Lenovo Smart Tab designed to be portable?

A: When in tablet mode, the Smart Tab can be undocked and used as a regular tablet, but the Lenovo Smart Dock is intended to be placed in one location in the home.

Q: Where can I learn more about Alexa?

A: You can learn more about Alexa and Alexa devices here

Q: Can my Smart Tab do the exact same things as the new Echo Show when docked and used in Show Mode?

A: Yes, the Lenovo Smart Tab will be able to perform majority of features such as asking for information, playing music & videos and controlling smart home products. However, some applications like Spotify will need to be first installed on the Lenovo Smart Tab before Alexa can access them. In addition, at launch, the Alexa Show Mode will not support the Alexa communications suite (video calls and drop-in). These features will be available in future software updates.

Q: When docked, can I use my voice to control Alexa even though I have security on the tablet?

A: Yes, when docked you will still be able to control Alexa with your voice, but some high-security commands such as shopping will require a password. You will need to use a pin/password/pattern to enter Android tablet mode if you have a screen unlock method set.

Q: I have multiple Alexa products in my home. Will the Smart Tab work like other Amazon Echo products and only the closest to my voice will respond?

A: Wait answer from Amazon

Q: Can different people in a house issue voice commands to Alexa when in Show Mode? Can it be linked to multiple Amazon accounts?

A: Yes, different people at home can issue voice commands, ask questions, play content and control smart home devices, but only one primary account can be linked to the Alexa app at one time. The main account controls the default language and shopping cart and taps into that user’s schedule and preferences.

Q: What languages does the Lenovo Smart Tab support? What about Show Mode?

A: The Lenovo Smart Tab can support all standard Android languages in Tablet Mode. In Show Mode, the Lenovo Smart Tab currently supports English, German, French, and Japanese voice commands, with more languages to be rolled out over time.

Q: How do I activate the dock?

A:Place the tablet on the dock and follow the instructions to log into your Amazon account and connect by Bluetooth to activate the dock.

Q: Can the dock be connected with other tablets or phones?

A: We only ensure that the dock will connect with Lenovo Smart Tab P10 and M10 devices, but most Bluetooth devices will be able to connect to the dock speakers after the dock has been activated.

Q: Can I use the Alexa app on another device such as my phone to use Alexa with the dock?

A: If you install the Alexa app on another mobile device, you can still use the dock as Bluetooth speakers and get the audio output from Alexa, but not the far-field microphone. The dock only fully support the Smart Tab P10 and M10.

Q: How do I know if my dock has been activated?

A: Plug the dock into the power outlet, and press the Bluetooth button on the dock to turn on Bluetooth. If the mute LED is constantly on, the dock has not been activated.

Q: Why doesn’t my dock work even after I’ve logged into my Amazon account?

A: Make sure that the ‘Amazon Alexa-Show Mode for Lenovo’ and ‘Lenovo Smart Dock Firmware Updater’ app have both been updated to the latest version from Google Play. If they are already updated, make sure that your tablet’s Bluetooth and Location functions are in the tablet’s System Settings, and try picking the tablet up, placing it back on the dock, and pressing the dock’s Bluetooth button if it isn’t flashing.

Q: Is the dock waterproof?

A: No.

QWhy isn’t the tablet’s charging LED on when docked?

A: The tablet’s red charging LED will stay off when the tablet is docked to let the Smart Tab better blend in to the home environment. However, the tablet is still charging even if the LED is off; you can check the charging indicator in the Android status bar to confirm that the tablet is charging. The blue notification LED will still flash if you receive a notification, even when docked.

Q: Can the tablet connect to multiple docks?

A: Yes, if the tablet detects multiple docks that are turned on, it will provide a list to let the user select a dock to connect to. The tablet can only connect to one dock at a time.

Q: What does it mean if the dock’s Bluetooth LED is blinking slowly?

A: This means that the dock isn’t connected to any devices. If you want to connect your tablet, make the tablet’s Bluetooth is on and try docking it again. The LED will become solid blue when the dock has connected successfully.

Q: Why the micro LED is always on?

A: If you press the Bluetooth button on the dock and see that the mute LED is always on, the dock has not been activated. Please place the tablet on the dock and follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your Amazon account and connect Bluetooth to activate the dock.

Q: Why is the Bluetooth LED constantly on, but Alexa still doesn’t work?

A: Please try below steps one by one until it works.

1. Check whether the Microphone Mute LED on the dock is off.
  2. Check whether the tablet is connected with internet well
  3. Check whether location function is turned on in the tablet’s System Settings.
  4. Check whether the tablet’s Bluetooth is on and try re-dock the tablet.
  5. Try reboot the tablet and dock, ensure that Bluetooth and location services are on, then put the tablet on the dock.

Q: How can make sure the dock SW keep latest version?

A: One method recommend you open the Auto-update function in Google Play store (In setting menu).

Another method open the two APP pages ‘Amazon Alexa-Show Mode for Lenovo’ and ‘Lenovo Smart Dock Firmware Updater’ in Google Play Store, set them as auto update.

Q: What could I say to Alexa?

A: Just list some frequent topics as below:

• Alexa, what’s the weather?
  • Alexa, play my Flash Briefing.
  • Alexa, how tall is Mt. Everest?
  • Alexa, add “Dinner with Mom” to my calendar.
  • Alexa, what are some top-rated Indian restaurants?
  • Alexa, set an alarm for 6 a.m.
  • Alexa, set a timer for 20 minutes.
  • Alexa, is it going to rain today?
  • Alexa, what movies are playing nearby?
  • Alexa, how far away is the Statue of Liberty?
  • To learn more and access additional features, check out “Things to Try” in the Amazon Alexa app.

Miguel Gonzalez
EMEA Consumer Technical Trainer

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

Options

1 Posts

01-24-2019

US

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Smart Tab FAQs

2019-01-24, 15:15 PM

If you turn off show mode, can you still use the alexa part just without the visual? Or does the docking alexa only work if show mode is enabled?? 

Options

1 Posts

02-20-2018

IE

4 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 3 of 6

2019-05-30, 16:31 PM

I have purchased but not opened the Tab M10. I'm not an Amazon subscriber, don't use Alexa. When I read about this tablet on the Lenovo website I didn't see any reference to Alexa. Can I disable all Alexa features?

Options

28 Posts

03-14-2019

US

96 Signins

964 Page Views

• Views: 964
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-06-05, 4:52 AM

if you dont want to use the alexa function with the dock, you just can play with your tablet and tablet behavior is exact same as other android tablets. Alexa doesnt provide you any interference with normal operation.

Options

1 Posts

06-24-2020

IT

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 6

ALEXA ON LENOVO YOGA TAB 8, TAB 10

2020-06-24, 9:08 AM

Hi

I have an Android Yoga Tab 8 and a Yoga Tab 3 Pro  and I would like to know if I could put Alexa software from Lenovo taken by the M10, its firmware to download and install on it.

Is it impossibile to do?

Thanks in advance  for any answer 

Options

1 Posts

10-01-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 6

Re:Lenovo Smart Tab FAQs

2020-10-01, 20:52 PM

Hi I can not seem to find a power cable for my smart dock.  I have two broken cables, and really would like to know where I can find a replacment power cable.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete