cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulHandUK
Paper Tape
Views: 558
Message 1 of 3

P10 - Audio via Smart dock speakers when undocked.

Today I did this - I was playing audio through th Smart Dock while I was holding the tablet in my hand. No, I didn't imagine it, I did it.

I would love to be able to do it again but try as I might, I can't. Can anyone tell me how to do it please?

Thanks.

Paul.

PatBx2
Paper Tape
Views: 329
Message 2 of 3

Re: P10 - Audio via Smart dock speakers when undocked.

It wasn't obvious that you could do this, was it?

With music playing (this may not be necessary), go into Settings-->Connected devices-->Previously connected devices.  You should find the Lenovo Smart Dock ADA920 listed there (even though it's supposedly the HA-200 according to the Quick Install Guide).  Actually, it's listed there twice--once with a "Headphone" icon and once with a "Bluetooth" icon.  Click on the one with the "Headphone" icon and the sound will switch over to the speakers in the dock.

Note that the sound will switch over to the speakers in the Smart Dock--the speakers in the tablet itself will go silent.

I think the sound from the four front-facing speakers in the Tab P10 sound better than the two speakers in the Smart Dock (one facing the front and one facing rearward).  The speakers in the Smart Dock are louder and the sound is projected in both directions, but they're not stereo.

Neither the speakers in the Tab P10 nor on the Smart Dock have very good bass response, but that's not surprising.  The Dolby Atmos app can help increase the bass range.

To switch back to the speakers in the tablet, go into Settings-->Connected devices.  Lenovo Smart Dock ADA920 should be listed at the top under "Available media devices".  Click on the settings icon on the right.  You'll be presented with a choice of "Forget" or "Disconnect".  "Disconnect" will probably interrupt the music stream, but you can restart it and the sound will come from the four speakers in the tablet.

It may also be possible to switch from the Tab P10 speakers to the Smart Dock speakers by docking the tablet while music is streaming.  This capability may depend on the app being used to stream music.

PatBx2
Paper Tape
Views: 293
Message 3 of 3

Re: P10 - Audio via Smart dock speakers when undocked.

In my response to this post two days ago, I said the speakers in the HA-200 Smart Dock were not stereo.  That was not correct.  There's a stereo amplifier in the Smart Dock.

The documentation on this subject wasn't clear, but I've since discovered that the two speakers are indeed stereo.  It's just they're both on the left side of the Smart Dock (viewed from the front), with one forward facing and the other rear-facing.  If you turn the Smart Dock sideways with the left side towards you, there's clearly stereo sound.

But of course you can't see the tablet screen if you're looking at the side of the Smart Dock.  In it's normal orientation, the two stereo channels are both on the left, with one facing you and one facing the other way (which could be a wall or it could be the rest of the room).

An odd design, I'd say.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors