10-20-2013 11:12 AM
I have Lenovo S10-3T convertible with touch screen. The touch screen worked perfectly with windows 8 pro but after upgrading to windows 8.1, the windows doesn't recognize my touch screen at all and I can't find (pen and touch) option in the control panel. Even in windows system information, I got (No pen or touch input is available for this display). What do I have to do to get my multi-touch screen working again on windows 8.1 ???!!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-20-2013 12:19 PM
10-22-2013 11:20 AM
Can you guys try one of the following:
1. Open Device Manager (press Winkey+R > type devmgmt.msc)
2. Navigate to the Human Interface Devices and expand it. There should be 2 or more HID compliant devices (one of these controls the Touchscreen function). Try to uninstall one, reboot the machine and observe.
1. Download the file below and save it to the desktop (for easy access)
CANDO Touch Panel
2. Extract the file using Winrar / 7Zip (there should be an install.exe and ReadMe.pdf. Right click on the install.exe (choose properties) > Compatibility Tab > check Windows 7 Compatibility mode and run the program. After installing, navigate to the installation directory (default is C:\Program Files\CandoTouch) and run the CTouch.exe in Win7 compatibility mode and try to calibrate the touchscreen.
Hope this helps
10-22-2013 06:16 PM - edited 10-22-2013 06:52 PM
Go to Windows Update Catalog using Internet Explorer and download latest Cando Touch driver http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=cando%20touch
10-22-2013 08:48 PM
Solution #4 (recalibrating the touch screen of your touch-compatible windows 8.1 unit) found on the link below solved the concern from my end. Hope this helps others experiencing the same concern.
10-22-2013 11:11 PM
- I installed Cando touch driver from the lenovo link but it didn't work at all.
- I tried after that downloading cando touch driver from microsoft update catalogue but what i got is .cab file and i don't have (package manager) on windows 8.1 and i have tried everything in command prompt to install .cab file but nothing worked. I tried also to install package manager but it failed to install on windows 8.1 so i don't know how to install this .cab file.
- I installed intel chipset driver from this link
and the touch screen worked but unfortunately after shutdown or restart the touchscreen stopped again so i have to install intel chipset driver everytime i log in to windows and it takes about 15 minutes for the driver installation to start . i don't know why it takes all this time to start the installation window !! What should i do to make these changes permanent on windows 8.1??