cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
middo1022
Blue Screen Again
Views: 42,403
Message 1 of 35

After upgrading from 8 pro to 8.1, Touch stopped !!!!!!!!

I have Lenovo S10-3T convertible with touch screen. The touch screen worked perfectly with windows 8 pro but after upgrading to windows 8.1, the windows doesn't recognize my touch screen at all and I can't find (pen and touch) option in the control panel. Even in windows system information, I got (No pen or touch input is available for this display). What do I have to do to get my multi-touch screen working again on windows 8.1 ???!!!

RonMizrahi
Paper Tape
Views: 42,243
Message 2 of 35

Re: After upgrading from 8 pro to 8.1, Touch stopped !!!!!!!!

middo1022
Blue Screen Again
Views: 42,219
Message 3 of 35

Not working because synaptic driver is related to the touch pad not the screen. Still waiting for a solution to this.
JTamayao
Fanfold Paper
Views: 42,196
Message 4 of 35

Same is true with my Lenovo S400 Touch, after upgrading from W8 to W8.1. I hope this gets fixed. TIA!

wapper
Paper Tape
Views: 42,134
Message 5 of 35

any news about the problem with Touchscreen S10-3T ??

Is these Driver :CANDO Touch Panel - Windows 7 (32-bit)  for the Touch screen??

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 42,107
Message 6 of 35

hi all,

Can you guys try one of the following:

Method 1:

1. Open Device Manager (press Winkey+R > type devmgmt.msc)

2. Navigate to the Human Interface Devices and expand it. There should be 2 or more HID compliant devices (one of these controls the Touchscreen function). Try to uninstall one, reboot the machine and observe.

Method 2:

1. Download the file below and save it to the desktop (for easy access)

CANDO Touch Panel
IN12STW36WW5.exe
1.06MB

2. Extract the file using Winrar / 7Zip (there should be an install.exe and ReadMe.pdf. Right click on the install.exe (choose properties) > Compatibility Tab > check Windows 7 Compatibility mode and run the program. After installing, navigate to the installation directory (default is C:\Program Files\CandoTouch) and run the CTouch.exe in Win7 compatibility mode and try to calibrate the touchscreen.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

rgohringer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 42,090
Message 7 of 35

I have the same problem and was not able to get the recommendation to make any difference

pewpotato
Fanfold Paper
Views: 42,064
Message 8 of 35

Go to Windows Update Catalog using Internet Explorer and download latest Cando Touch driver  http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=cando%20touch

JTamayao
Fanfold Paper
Views: 42,042
Message 9 of 35

Solution #4 (recalibrating the touch screen of your touch-compatible windows 8.1 unit) found on the link below solved the concern from my end. Hope this helps others experiencing the same concern.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/hardware-and-drivers/troubleshoot-the-surface-touchsc...

middo1022
Blue Screen Again
Views: 42,027
Message 10 of 35

- I installed Cando touch driver from the lenovo link but it didn't work at all.

- I tried after that downloading cando touch driver from microsoft update catalogue but what i got is .cab file and i don't have (package manager) on windows 8.1 and i have tried everything in command prompt to install .cab file but nothing worked. I tried also to install package manager but it failed to install on windows 8.1 so i don't know how to install this .cab file.

- I installed intel chipset driver from this link

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS010621

and the touch screen worked but unfortunately after shutdown or restart the touchscreen stopped again so i have to install intel chipset driver everytime i log in to windows and it takes about 15 minutes for the driver installation to start . i don't know why it takes all this time to start the installation window !! What should i do to make these changes permanent on windows 8.1??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors