Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmm
Paper Tape
Views: 907
Message 1 of 4

Approved dual band card for S410p

Hi,

What dual band wifi cards are approved for the S410p? I tested a random Intel card and got the following message: 104-Unsupported wireless network device detected. System Halted.

Is the whitelist available online somewhere? I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

BM

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 898
Message 2 of 4

Re: Approved dual band card for S410p

Hello and welcome,

The best source I know is the parts list in the Hardware Maintenance Manual - IdeaPad S410p, S410p Touch, S510p, S510p Touch .  WLAN cards are on page 80.  I don't see any that are dual band from the description Smiley Sad - but I haven't checked each one individually.

As you probably know, to pass the BIOS whitelist check a card must be an approved model and have a Lenovo FRU number (firmware modified for Lenovo).

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

bmm
Paper Tape
Views: 893
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your quick reply!

Just checked the document, and indeed only BGN cards there (2.4GHz), no ABGN (2.4+5GHz)... pitty.

I guess they don't provide this as an option then.

Thanks for your help.

weenus500
Paper Tape
Views: 472
Message 4 of 4

I think this is pretty crappy, making you buy a whole new laptop to upgrade the wireless card. This is the first time in 20 years I have encountered a bios with a white list for hardware. Of course, no bios upgrade has been released.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors