Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmm
Paper Tape
Views: 887
Message 1 of 4

Approved dual band card for S410p

Hi,

What dual band wifi cards are approved for the S410p? I tested a random Intel card and got the following message: 104-Unsupported wireless network device detected. System Halted.

Is the whitelist available online somewhere? I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

BM

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 878
Message 2 of 4

Re: Approved dual band card for S410p

Hello and welcome,

The best source I know is the parts list in the Hardware Maintenance Manual - IdeaPad S410p, S410p Touch, S510p, S510p Touch .  WLAN cards are on page 80.  I don't see any that are dual band from the description Smiley Sad - but I haven't checked each one individually.

As you probably know, to pass the BIOS whitelist check a card must be an approved model and have a Lenovo FRU number (firmware modified for Lenovo).

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

bmm
Paper Tape
Views: 873
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your quick reply!

Just checked the document, and indeed only BGN cards there (2.4GHz), no ABGN (2.4+5GHz)... pitty.

I guess they don't provide this as an option then.

Thanks for your help.

weenus500
Paper Tape
Views: 452
Message 4 of 4

I think this is pretty crappy, making you buy a whole new laptop to upgrade the wireless card. This is the first time in 20 years I have encountered a bios with a white list for hardware. Of course, no bios upgrade has been released.
Top Kudoed Authors