cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohithkdas
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 1 of 2

BIOS Password issue on U41-70(Prompts for a password which was never set by the User!)

Hello There everyone.

I have a  problem with my Lenovo U41-70 Core i7 model. Recently I tried to install Linux onto my machine but when I tries to enter the BIOS option to get to the boot priority by pressing: Fn Key + F2 Key. It prompted me for a password! I never really set a password on this machine since I bought it other than the Windows Login Password and that password did'nt work!. Any help would be great!    

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 352
Message 2 of 2

Re: BIOS Password issue on U41-70(Prompts for a password which was never set by the User!)

Unfortunately clearing a forgotten or unknown BIOS password on a laptop isn't as easy as it is on a desktop.  This is due to how easy a laptop can be stolen.  There are NO master passwords or magic back doors which can be used to get around the password you are encountering.  If a family member or friend has used your laptop I would recommend that you ask around to see if one of them may have entered one.  I would also check with the retailer or seller if the laptop was purchased locally as they may have entered one.  Otherwise the only solution is to replace the motherboard. 

Please be advised that additional discussion related to trying to circumvent BIOS passwords are prohibited by Forum Rules.  Again, this restriction is due to the ease in which they can be stolen.  Sorry!

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors