Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CeesBorst
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 1 of 1

BSOD during Sleep and power off on Ideapad U330 Touch

I have an Ideapad U330Touch with Windows 8.1 since one year without any problems. Since about a month ago the system does not power down or does not properly go into sleep mode. In all situations there is finally a time out and the system generates a minidump Driver Power State Failure with bug check code x9F and parameter 1 = 3, a device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.

By using the windows debugger I came to the conclusion that the Intel Wireless-N 7260 driver netwbw02.sys causes these problems.

I updated every driver from lenovo and other vendors I could find and I also used the latest BIOS version. I removed also programs which I installed at the time when I got the first BSOD problems. Finally nothing solved the BSOD problem. 

The only thing that solved the problem is when I remove the Wireless Lan device from the configuration. When I do that everything works fine no matter which drivers I use.  I have used about 4 different Intel Wireless-N 7260 drivers but non of them solved this problem.

When the system shuts down without a BSOD it starts very fast but when it had a BSOD during a shutdown starting the system takes quite a long time. ALso windows does not save certain changed settings becasuse of these BSODs.

To me it is obvious that the Intel Wireless-N 7260 LAN  card causes this problem. I want to hear from other forum mebers what they think about my problem before I go to the repair shop for replacing this LAN card.

I also saw from other entries in this forum that there are many problems/failures with these Intel LAN cards. Are there any other options for the Ideapad U330 Touch?

I hope to hear soon from the forum members and Lenovo support engineers.

Thank you so far for showing your interest and support.

Kind regards,

Cees Borst

The Netherlands 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors