Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manos_s500
Paper Tape
Views: 371
Message 1 of 2

Backlit keyboard on ideapad s500

Hello all,

I would like to ask if it is possible to add a backlit keyboard (Lenovo official), on my ideapad s500.

There is no connector on the motherboard for the second cable which has the keyboard i bought.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 344
Message 2 of 2

Re: Backlit keyboard on ideapad s500

hi Manos_s500,

Welcome to the Forums.

Looking at page 69-72 of the S500 hardware maintenance manual, this unit doesn't use a non-backlit type keyboard.

Take note that for a backlit keyboard to work, the following must be met:

1. Compatible backlit-type keyboard

- Sample item

2. The motherboard must have a keyboard power connector (for the backlight).

- Link to image

- Link to image

If one of the above is missing, then the backlights won't work.

However, if you have experience in laptop disassembly and taken out lots of keyboards then you may want to check this article on how to make a backlight keyboard (mod).

Note:

The procedure requires you to open up the machine and depending on the place where you purchased the unit, some stores put a warranty sticker on the screw slots so any signs of tear will automatically void the warranty so if this isn't applicable to you then you can give it a shot.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors