Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 2 (986 Views)

Battery Protection Mode - U410 Battery fluctuates around 60%, keeps charging and discharging.

Hi, I set my laptop to "Battery protection mode" which is supposed to limit charging to 60%. I noticed that once my laptop is at 60%, it switches to A/C for a few minutes, then it discharges by 1% and then charges again to 60%. This process repeats every few minutes. Is this supposed to happen? I'm worried that each time it discharges and charges again, I am wasting a charge cycle. 

When I allow it to charge to 100% under "Battery Fully charged mode", it will switch to A/C when fully charged and does not discharge again so I don't think there's an issue with my battery. 

Thanks for any help!

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 2 (982 Views)

Re: Battery Protection Mode - U410 Battery fluctuates around 60%, keeps charging and discharging.

It is fine for the laptop dont worry.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Top kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count