Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RampageRUS
Paper Tape
Views: 3,037
Message 21 of 61

Re: Bios Recovery For ideapad laptops!!

Method does not work for y550p. Do you have any idea how to recovery bios on y550p?
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,015
Message 22 of 61

Hi
You are sure if your laptop has pheonix bios?
Do have a look here
http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/326954-case-you-kill-your-phoenix-bios-bios-recovery-met...
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
RampageRUS
Paper Tape
Views: 3,006
Message 23 of 61

I'm not sure. But I also tried methods for insyde h2o bios. Also tried methods from link.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,003
Message 24 of 61

Hi
Could you please tell the current sypmtoms you are facing? And are you pressing the right key combination? You might try win+r, win+b, fn+r, fn+f or fn+b?
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
RampageRUS
Paper Tape
Views: 2,990
Message 25 of 61

After a successful BIOS update laptop left in reboot...then...black screen 15-20 sec...shutdown.
Tried fn+r, fn+b, fn+f, fn+esc, win+f, win+r, win+b.
There is 2 types of action:
1. Like "normal" switching-on by power button
2. big fan noise without flashing central sense panel(fn+r, fn+b)

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,974
Message 26 of 61

Hi
It could be that bios recovery might not be the solution. Could you try removing battery and unplug the ac adapter and then press and hold the power button for 40 seconds twice?
I hope your notebook works.
One thing i wantet to confirm that i didn't understood from your post. Does " 1. Like "normal" switching-on by power button" means that sometimes your laptop boots up fine?
Regards
RampageRUS
Paper Tape
Views: 2,963
Message 27 of 61

'Normal" - i don't push any combination, like plug in ac adapter and push power on.
Hold power button for 40 second...in all instruction just push it, not hold.
RampageRUS
Paper Tape
Views: 2,962
Message 28 of 61

1. Use HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool with MiniDOS files to make your Bootable: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Floppy. - DONE
2. Copy all the files from Rescue to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy. - DONE
3. Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy. - DONE
4. Remove the battery, unplug the computer from the power. - DONE
5. Hold down: Fn+B or WinKey+B (On some new Acer Laptop's Fn+Esc and on some new Fujitsu Siemens Laptop's Fn+F)and while holding plug the computer in to power (do not plug the battery) and pres the power button. - DONE (big fan noise)
6. Now you should hear the flopy drive working, hold the keys for a while and then let go. - flash not blinking
7. Leve the computer for at least 10 min. and if the computer does not restart it self turn the power down.- nothing, laptop shutdown after ~40 sec
8. Plug the battery and the power sorce and if everything went OK the computer shold start normaly. - no reaction on power button. Unplug-plug ac adapter, power on - black screen
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,943
Message 29 of 61

Hi again
I presume its something else that might be bothering the laptop and it may require a verification from lenovo service centre.
Regards
RampageRUS
Paper Tape
Views: 2,938
Message 30 of 61

Yesterday I gave the laptop to the lenovo service center.
Found link https://sites.google.com/site/lenovoosx86/reference/lenovoy550pbioswhitelist
I used different name NIWBAX64 instead NIWBAx64 with different filetypes fd, bin.
The last thing I can do is try that names: NIWBAx64.bin, NIWBAx64.fd

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors