Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RampageRUS
Paper Tape
Views: 5,365
Message 31 of 61

Re: Bios Recovery For ideapad laptops!!

master from my city said that "the BIOS does not return, sent a request to the lenovo, call me on Monday"
mi42gp
Punch Card
Views: 5,330
Message 32 of 61

Does anyone know how to recover bios in Lenovo U410?
lalitkoli
Paper Tape
Views: 5,192
Message 33 of 61

Will this work for Thinkpad edge 14.

JAKES
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,122
Message 34 of 61

LENOVO Y560 IDEAPAD BIOS UPDATE FAILED

I have tried updating the bios of ideapad Y560 yesternite, it hung at  process 87/99, i kept it ON for the whole night, there was no progress and i had to withdraw battery  for a restart in the morning. Now that the screen is black, led blinks/on, fan works,  i kindly request techies out here to help me. Gone through the forum and found few methods, followed the steps, but while installing the pheonix win flash utility, it says the version mismatch, I run WIN7 Ultimate 64 bit, with 3 GB Ram. Im not a high end tech guy, a simple expalntion would be highly appreciated. Must not have worried of dumping the laptop as i used it for almost 2 and half years, I spent 68USD for a relacement battery yesterday and worked hours repairing the hinge succesfully which was almost shaky ..Please help..sad bout my decision of updating the BIOS .i had atleast 4-5 bios updates so far in other laps and it was successful always...

JAKES
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,120
Message 35 of 61

can you help me with 64 bit version of phoenix recovery tool and explain how to create the usb stick for recovering my bios

thanks in advance.. jacob

panybbib
Paper Tape
Views: 4,938
Message 36 of 61

Does anyone know how to recover bios in Ideapad Y410P?
Help!
rickopublic
What's DOS?
Views: 4,904
Message 37 of 61

Thanks for the information. I am trying to find the bios.wph file for my T400s 2801-CTO . I have a dead laptop and I tried to do a partial install on my ideapad (not the dead system) of the bios update utility found on lenovo support  and cannot find the bios.wph file. It extracted a lot of files into the c:\drivers\FLASH\6huj18us folder but there was not any wph file to copy and rename into the phoenix crisis directory. Please help me complete this activity. Thank you.

Rick

lukeworks
What's DOS?
Views: 4,779
Message 38 of 61

Hi everyone!

I made a bad flash on my ideapad Y500 bios. What I did for now was:

-I extracted from YX00S202.exe (2.02 bios version) the .ROM file, renamed it "QIWY3.bin; .bi; .fd and .rom

-Copyied that files into an 1GB FAT formated flash drive

-Pluged it on the right USB on the damaged laptop

-While holding Fn + R y connected the AC adapter

-Pressed the power button

-Fans start working but flash drive does not blink at all. (While holding Fn + R the whole time for more than 10 minutes)

I also tried the method with Phoenix crisis tool but I´M not able to obtain the .Wph file ,I was able just to extract a .ROM file from the .exe as I mentioned above.

Does any one know what I should do? 

Im almost shure that the Y500 has a Insyde bios so phoenix crisis tool wont work.

Thanks in advance

JAKES
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,750
Message 39 of 61

Hi

You are right...Your laptop has insyde bios, But wondering where did you get the Bios .rom file, in my country the Y500 doesn't have a bios update yet

try this link

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/13095-Undocumented-INSYDE-BIOS-recovery-method-Use-andy-s-t...

Jake

lukeworks
What's DOS?
Views: 4,719
Message 40 of 61

Thanks for your reply Jake!

I used andystool, telling me the correct filename to recover (it´is: QIWY3.bin)

-Plugged the usb on my right side usb port on my y500 laptop

-Plugged AC power

-While holding Fn + R ,pressed power button but still the same (fans working, no usb led blinking)

I dont know what im doing wrong

Please help, I´ve already contacted lenovo technical support but they take too long for giving an answer.

Kind regads,

Lucas

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors