Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
no_power
Paper Tape
Views: 2,554
Message 51 of 61

Re: Bios Recovery For ideapad laptops!!

Hi guys,

I found this thread looking for solutions for my problem, and I'm not sure this is the answer.

After I made some repairs on the hinges of my ideapad y560, I put the computer back togheter and it seems to be dead. I double(5 times now) checked all the cable conections and I'm sure that is not the problem.

Here are the simptoms:

-when I plug in the ac adaptor, the power led lights up as usual

-the battery does not charge(it might be full, but I doubt it)

-when I push the power button 5 leds light up: power button, ideapad logo, cd-rom(wich also makes a faint noise) and both power leds in the front.

-and that is about it, after 1 second(maybe less) they all turn off(except the ac power one, when ac connected)

-the same thing happens on battery power only

My question is: is this the behavior when dealing with a bad bios?

I did not update bios recently, I did update(and then reverted, i think) 2 years ago while dealing with a overheating problem.

Planet5121024
Paper Tape
Views: 2,498
Message 52 of 61

i have the same problem my t500 just beeps 1 long 2 short is there any way to flash the bios.there is a boot image on ibm site but does not boot.pliz need help
2089-WAU
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,492
Message 53 of 61

Hi Planet5121024, welcome to the forums,

the BIOSes are different on ThinkPads compared to Idea systems.  That said the one long and two short beeps on a T500 system indicates that one of the following components is defective on your system; mainboard, display or memory.  For more information please reference the systems Hardware Maintenance Manual (pdf p. 75).

If you require more assistance with diagnosis I suggest you search the ThinkPad T400 / T500 board, if you don't find an already existing discussion you could start one.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

JAKES
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,479
Message 54 of 61

Mostly a memory problem.. remove both the memory cards and try booting with one of them individually...

else try replacing memory 

JAKES
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,477
Message 55 of 61

mostly because of a bios upgrade required...

b0ib0ixD
Paper Tape
Views: 2,442
Message 56 of 61

will this work on ideapad y460p?

n4p1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,314
Message 57 of 61

Could you describe how to find right filename for insyde bios? And where I can download this andystool?

EMCY
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,713
Message 58 of 61

Betreff: Bios Recovery For ideapad laptops!!

i have an U310

I tried with Lenovo.Phoenix.Crysis.Tool

i hold FN +R but the laptop is going off after 3 Seconds. But i dont remove the akku.

Only the DC removed. 

I dont have the tools for open the laptop....

what can i do?

jishan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,633
Message 59 of 61

will this work for lenovo z570 ideapad i7

i just had my drive's head broken and need to replace new one.... but my bios is locked.

also does anyone could tell me where to find a donor hardrive or where to get a head replacement for my original drive .please!

SgtWhoop
Paper Tape
Views: 1,522
Message 60 of 61

Does this method apply to the Lenovo Y50? I had a bad flash but the laptop will still turn on but I have no video. Thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors