03-01-2011 02:48 PM - edited 03-01-2011 02:55 PM
I was able to install the Broadcom Crystal HD card and a new WIFI card INTERNALLY at the same time.
This is how:
You will need to buy:
BCM70015 Broadcom Crystal HD pci-e card (must be this model number) http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=BCM70015+&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Q802XKG 802.11 b/g Wireless Lan PCI-E http://www.mini-box.com/802-11-b-g-Wireless-Lan-PCI-E
1) Remove the original WIFI card from the pci-e slot and store in a safe place
2) Remove the spacer metal plate from the BCM70015 Broadcom Crystal HD pci-e card
3) Place the BCM70015 Broadcom Crystal HD pci-e card where the original WIFI card was
4) Take the antennae connector shield off from the auxilary antennae and place them over the primary antennaes connectors to protect the circuits.
5) In the empty PCI-E slot [the trick is this isn't a PCI-E slot but rather a USB slot which is why the new WIFI card works but the stock wifi does not] install the new Q802XKG 802.11 b/g Wireless Lan PCI-E card in the slot and connect the auxilary antennaes. After that you are done,boot up and install the drivers and enjoy!.
- I wish the postings on this forum were more organized as it was confusing understanding which posts meant s10-3 and s10-3t!!!
04-05-2011 06:25 AM - edited 04-29-2011 04:15 PM
Brought a new S10-3 "to life" last weekend. Once all updated, removed the wi-fi card and replaced with above Crystal Decoder. Experiencing the boot issue (Win 7 Home Basic) when the Crystal drivers are loaded...
Upgraded to Win7 Ultimate and added startup/shutdown scipts. All working now!!! ...see S10-3T Crystal thread for details.