Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheMarkoCus
Paper Tape
Views: 4,403
Message 1 of 2

Camera is not working on IdeaPad U310 Ultrabook

Hi!

I've bought Lenovo IdeaPad U310 Ultrabook in October. It came with Windows 7 and it worked fine. At October 26th I upgraded computer to Windows 8 and camera was still working. I was using Windows 8 for a few months and camera worked fine, until about two weeks ago. It suddenly stopped working. I've tried reinstalling drivers many times, Windows 8 ones, Windows 7 ones ... But still nothing. It's not about hotkeys because they work. What should I do?

Here's a picture of my device manager: http://www.file.si/files/68481_aim0g/U310.PNG

Thanks,

Sincerely Marko.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,368
Message 2 of 2

Re: Camera is not working on IdeaPad U310 Ultrabook

hi TheMarkoCus,

I can't seem to open the picture of your device manager but if the Camera is under the Imaging Devices, that means it's getting detected. What you can try is to:

1. Boot into the BIOS by pressing Fn+F2 or F2, when you're in, press F9 to reset BIOS to factory default and press F10 to save and exit.

2. Initiate the camera and check the light on the webcam if it turns ON (i.e. thru Youcam or Skype)

If there's no light or you get an error that no webcam is detected even by pressing Fn+ESC then there's a possible wiring issue or the camera lens might have gotten defective. You can use a usb camera for the meantime or you can send the unit for service by contacting lenovo. Support phone list here.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors