08-04-2017

DE

4 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 1

Can't boot windows after installing Ubuntu Dual Boot

2017-08-04, 22:23 PM

After having installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my Lenovo IdeaPad U430p I'm not able to start Windows anymore. When I installed Ubuntu I used the setup to divide my Windows partition in two parts. One is still used for Windows and the other part is used for Ubuntu.

Whenever I select Windows in Grub or use the EFI boot menu and select Windows it immediately goes into startup repair mode. When using the command line of startup repair I can see that all my files that are on the Windows partition are still there and everything looks fine to me.

But still, so far I haven't found a solution. I've tried the automatic startup repair. I have tried to fix it with the bootrec command and rebuilt the bcd, which was also unsuccessful. I also tried to activate the boot log but the log is not even created. It seems that the system directly goes into startup repair without even starting to boot into windows.

I'm kind of lost and don't really know what I could do to fix this. Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Cheers,

Bastian

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete