Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fachrie
Paper Tape
Views: 531
Message 1 of 4

Cannot Install Energy Manager on my Lenovo U41-70

I have done a clean install Windows 10 Pro on my SSD (My Notebook is Lenovo U41-70), but I can't install Lenovo Energy Manager (the other drivers were installed properly). Anybody have the solution?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 487
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot Install Energy Manager on my Lenovo U41-70

Lenovo Energy Manager is no longer compatible with the latest version of Windows so there isn't any download available for it with Windows 10.  If you are using a previous Windows 7 or 8 version then it is recommended that it not be installed.  With Windows 10, battery management is provided with the Lenovo Settings app which is available from the Windows Store.  The link below is for a full listing of non-compatible applications with Windows 10 in Section 3.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103611

If by chance you are referring to the Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) Driver, this driver usually does not acknowledge that it has been installed.   This maybe due to it being a silent install or that Windows is already has the latest driver installed.  No real clear answer as to why it does this during installation.  If you are still in doubt, try updating it through Windows Device Manager. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

fachrie
Paper Tape
Views: 477
Message 3 of 4

Oh I see.. thank you so much for your information. I have installed Lenovo Setting as you suggested, but I can't activate the "Express Charging" option. The button is inactive. How to fix it? thank you.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 467
Message 4 of 4

I'm not an owner of your model and likewise I am unfamiliar with the express charge option so I can't say for sure why yours is unavailable.  One suggestion is to add the Lenovo Companion app from the Windows Store if you do not have it installed.  During the installation of Companion you maybe prompted to install the System Interface Foundation driver which you should accept.  Once Companion is installed you can then use that to check for any additional System Updates that may resolve your issue.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors